Eighteen

[~Allison~]

"Hey. Rose, wake up."  I whispered nudging the small figure with my foot. "It's useless. Might as well give up from now." A man's voice called from the passengers seat. "Who are you?" I calmly spoke, trying keep my composure. "Keegan Moore. That's all you need to know. No further introductions, that's Rosealine, the main target and you're Allison...the unfortunate casualty." He explained turning back to face the dashboard. I opened my mouth to speak but instantly shut it back not risking any funny business. "A..Alli?" Rose woke up. She winced at the tighter restraints on her ankles, knees and hands. "What the hell is going on here?!" She yelled out. Frankly, I knew it was no use retelling the story of the goons choice. "Some random kidnapped us and I have no clue why or where their taking us." I casually explain. She contorted her face in utter confusion, "and that's all okay with you?" She cried out, leaning over I glimpsed at the red stained marks on her wrists, this zip ties were too tight.

"I have a tracker on my phone ever since that night with Harley and Tristen's brother. And I told Lucas the procedure if he ever needed to find me in a situation like this." I proudly explain.

"Well you must've hit your head too damn hard, because neither of us have our phones!" She hinted at the bruised and blotchy redness on my dark forehead. I froze remembering everything that went down. I was grabbing a flashlight for the spare tire tools when a large man approached me, catching me off guard he took the flash light while trying to cover my mouth with an intoxicating cloth. My fighting reflexes kicked in, I turned around trying to pry him off of me and before I could scream or show ay signs of struggle I felt a cold hard clink across my temple.

Rage and fury overcame me as I slammed my elbows against the doors behind me snapping my arms free from the zip ties. I grunted in frustration as I kicked at the drivers seat, the car swerved ferociously allowing me to reach over to Rosealine and snap the restraints off of her ankles. A loud bang followed by my piercing screams roared through the vehicle. Blood oozed down my thigh as I winced and cried in agony. Rosealine watched helplessly cursing and screaming at the passenger pointing a gun towards me. "Try some cute shit like that again and it's through your curly little head." He growled.

[~Lucas~]

I huffed in aggravation as my peers ignored me. The sheriff hated when he was bothered on lunch, but this couldn't wait. It's been 11 hours since they disappeared anything, literally anything could've happened to them. And the thoughts and possibilities that crossed my mind we're killing me.

"Sheriff!" I bursted through the door of his cozy office. He sat up nearly choking on his water. "Damn it Detective you ever heard of knocking?" He slammed his food down on the table. "Sorry. I need an APB on two missing girls, Allison Rogersman And Rosealine Addams." I stuck my foot in the door to speak to him. He stood up swiftly, alerting all his fellow units through the Walkie Talkie. "How long ago did they disappear?" He asked rummaging through a few drawers. "Around 7 last night. Allison left all her stuff here including her phone. She stepped out to talk to Rosealine and they were just gone, poof." I explained. "Our HR is going to kill me because it's not your field of interest, but grab your things and let's go, I need to question parents friends and check the cameras, there could be something on there." He pulled out his notepad and keys leaving his food and everything on the counter.

We whipped out of the parking lot, when two officers called in from the office. The girls left minutes after their important talk, the gps tracker in the car they drove leaves their location at Sweetriver Acres. Some posh wealthy neighborhood. Calling for back up we find the car pulled off to the side of the road. My heart pounded with adrenaline and worry, as I neared the scene both car doors were open the hazard lights blinked steadily. "Hands in the air, don't-" I barked, but the car was empty, no sign of struggle or personal items. On the other side of the car were tools and a spare tire. I rounded the back of the car to meet the sheriff as back up arrived. "Hold on Sheriff, there's something..." I trailed off laying down to check the shiny metal object on the floor. A flashlight, dimmer but still on was a couple inches under our vehicle. Dried blood was splattered on the rim of the light leaving a sharp sinking pain in my chest.