Epilogue

"Oz, hey. You excited buddy?" Manny asks me and I nod, smiling at him.

I was too excited for my first day of school.

Manny took business while I took medicine and we were both excited about college for some reason. I know, who the hell would be excited for school?

I suddenly feel an itch on my wrist and notice the bracelet Katia gave me, almost going loose from my wrist.

I sigh and tighten it, Manny sighing at me.

"Don't tell me you actually brought that with you! Katia gave that to you, you'll have a harder time forgetting about her if you hold onto that. Trust me." Manny says and I sigh.

"I'm not trying to forget." I say and he groans, running a hand over his face.

He places a hand on my shoulder.

"Well, you have to. You have to move on from her." He says and I nod.

Well did moving on really mean forgetting?

"Whatever. I have to get to class." I tell him and he nods, heading towards his building.

. . .

I stop in front of my assigned room and sigh, really excited for this.

"You are ready, Oz. You've sacrificed so much for this." I tell myself and tense when I remember it all.

This is how I'll remember you then, Oz. The sarchastic, sweet, caring boy who I gave my first love to.

I try not to remember but I fail. It literally happened yesterday. It was hard to forget and I didn't want to.

I put the most expensive make up on, I bought a new outfit, I partied, but you still didn't turn up. You didn't call me, you didn't care that I was missing our lessons. You didn't care that I left.

Recalling all these things were painful. These flashbacks were why I couldn't move on.

Remembering her, hurt.

I push all the thoughts away and step into the room, breathing in the environment I'd have to get used to.

As soon as I entered the room, my heart quickened.

Suddenly I see a mess of brown hair infront of me. It's the same brown hair I'd know anywhere.

The girl turns around just in time and I catch her gaze.

"Oz?" She asks, breaking the silence and I gulp.

I know what I've said before. I know how I said that this wasn't some cliché story that involved bumping into each other.

I wasn't the bad boy and she wasn't the goody two shoes. We weren't coincidentally living next to each other, she didn't kiss me after a few days of knowing each other and waited a really long time.

I know I said that this wasn't some mainstream love story, but I didn't say anything about fate being a little crazy sometimes.

"Katia." I let out and she gives me a genuine smile.

I guess I'd have to get used to this again. It would be like how we met.

She'd just sit there, looking as beautiful as ever while I'd get distracted by everything she did. It would just be like the start.

She immediately turns around back to a book that she's reading and I sigh.

I walk up to the seat next to her and place a hand on hers.

"I'll be willing to be friends if you will." I tell her and she immediately looks up from her book.

Her eyes go wide and I see a glimmer of hope in them. I just don't know what it's for.

"I'd like that." She says and gives me a genuine smile.

I grab a book from my bag and start reading it, just like she has.

"Oz?" She asks me and I turn to look at her, biting that lip that I've kissed many times before.

I stare at her like the first time I did, with amazement. I looked at her like I always did, with love.

"Yeah?" I ask and she turns red.

"You were good last week. Keep it up church singer." She says and I give her a smile.

They say you'll never forgot your first love, and I guess they were right. I'll never forget the way she looked at me that day at church, or the little noises she'd make when I peppered kisses down her neck on that special night. I'll never have another chance at a first love because that will always be Katia Rodes.

"I will, anything for you." I tell her and she looks up from her book again, turning red and giving me a sad smile.

I'll always remember her as my first love and how I was always her church singer.

THE END