I Can't Go Back

I kept running, until I thought I couldn't anymore, until my lungs ached and my head started to bang.

I can't go back, I'm putting them in danger.

I sit on a rock and watch as the sun set on the horizon, illuminating the sky in a dark red colour until it went finally black.

I crossed my legs and closed my eyes, I needed answers.

"Inner Demon, are you there, talk to me."

Close enough...

Don't call me that, even though it is rather fitting of me. Call me Derp.

I froze on my spot, he's actually answering me.

Of course I am, dumbass, I wouldn't miss a chance to talk to the person whose life I'm destroying.

"I wouldn't say you were destroying my life, but my friends have done nothing to you, why hurt them."

Because you care about them, and I want to cause you emotional pain.

"But why? Tell me why."

Revenge, I want revenge, I want revenge for those times where you would make me say those horrible phrases just to entertain your audience, for making me a joke of the internet, for making me seem dumb to make you feel cleverer, for not caring about me. It hurts me.

"Excuse me, but I didn't know you were alive, I just thought you were my little derp character on my computer that makes people laugh."

You created me, your normal character is alive, so what makes you think that I am not alive either, are you that stupid?

"I'm not stupid, I created a character on minecraft, who's purpose was to act derpy and dumb for the entertainment of my fans. That's all you are, a joke that I use on a daily basis, putting shame on you, making you feel worthless because that's what you are, that's what everyone thinks of you, stupid and worthless."

I slapped my hand over my mouth, I did not mean to say that.

Right, that's it.

I then felt that pain again, like something being yanked from me. I knew he was trying to escape.

I closed my eyes and concentrated, I needed to endure the pain and win the fight, with my inner demon.

The pain became unbearable, but I still fought on, refusing to give up, refusing to let him take control.

I screamed out into the night sky, not caring if anyone heard anymore, I needed to stop him, needed to release some of the pain building up inside my body.

Suddenly, the pain stopped, and I felt stronger than ever, I felt happy for the first time in these 4 days.

I smiled and lay back, drifting off to sleep without fear.

I will have no fear anymore, I will fight, and I will win...