12: Finally Become his Friend

Morgan^

Richard set his tray down next to Dee. He smiled brightly when Dee gave him an odd look then turned to me. "So, you and Mason are talking again?"

"Why is he sitting with us?" She hissed, gesturing towards the jock, completely ignoring him.

Richard took a bite out of his fries and grinned, apparently not offended by Dee's question. "Hello to you too," he chuckled.

I hadn't filled her in with anything that had happened on Friday, but to be fair, she hadn't filled me in with what happened with her ex-boyfriend- Troy.

She snarled, "I don't want any of Troy's friends sitting on out table."

It was only safe to assume it hadn't gone good with her ex.

I looked at Richard, half expecting him to get up and walk away, but he threw her a smile instead. "Troy isn't my friend, sweetheart, I don't like the way he treats women."

Dee's brown eyes widened and her jaw fell. "Wow, are you single?"

I almost choked on my fries as Mason sat down on my left side.

Where the fuck were they all coming from?

So now Mason and me were facing Dee and Richard.

"Yes, I am, but I kind of have my eyes put on someone else," Richard flicked his hazel eyes towards mine and winked.

This cannot be happening.

I felt eyes burning at the back of my neck and I almost sighed. I could hear the hushed whispers.

"Venice and Mason are sitting with that girl that threw up."

"Mason always sits alone though."

"She looks like a rat on—"

I glared at the last one- even though she wasn't wrong. Man, they really needed to learn how to whisper.

"I thought I told you Venice was no good," Mason whispered, scowling at me.

What was he mad at me for? I didn't own the fucking table!

"I can still hear you even though you're whispering," he suggested as he offered Mason an amused smile.

"I'm trying to be polite," Mason deadpanned in a serious expression and started fiddling with the food on his plate.

I sighed and slumped down, sticking a fry in my mouth. "Everything's fine," I murmured.

Richard shrugged. "Thanks for the effort."

"And I thought I had told you to get away from her," Mason mentioned, narrowing his eyes. If looks could kill, Richard would be 6 feet under ground.

"We're only having lunch, Hunter. I'm not finger banging her under the table," Richard smiled smugly as he watched my face go red.

Why the fuck was this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this?

Dee sent me a look from across the table and raised her eyebrows. "Lucky whore," she mouthed.

I'd switch places with her any day.

"Whatever," he murmured and poked at his lunch.

"Well," Dee said, suddenly standing up while sending me an encouraging look, "I have— things to do, call me later, Morgan."

I glared at her, fully aware of what she was doing. Mason and Richard murmured their 'byes' but didn't give Dee another glance.

"Fuck you," I mouthed, to which she responded with a wink.