[Prolouge]

[wren's POV]

   "Wren, wren wake up," I heard a man say while shaking my shoulder.

   "Wh-where am I? Where are my parents?" I exclaimed sitting up quickly.

   "Wren, your parents are..." the man choked on his words. "They're gone."

   "WHAT!" I shrieked, as any nine year old girl would do if she just found out her parents were dead. My parents were both southside serpents and had done all they could do to protect from the life they were in. What would happen now.

   "Honey it's okay, I'm FP Jones, I'm your Godfather. Legally I'm responsible for your care. There's no room at the trailer but there is a couple of rooms upstairs here at the wyrm. We cleaned one up for you. That's gonna be your room from now on. Okay?" He sat next to me and placed my hand on my shoulder. All I could do was nod. FP handed me a Ring, it was a snake that wrapped around multiple times and had bright green eyes "it's your mother's, she'd want you to have it."

[Hours later]

   I was sound asleep in my room when two teenage boys busted into my room.

   "Hey, kid, wanna be a serpent?" The taller one asked. All my life I wanted to be a serpent but my parents said I wasn't going to be. Now was my chance. So that night I was put through initiation at the age of nine.