Y/N's POV
Word Count: 1,331

Max, still latched onto me, stared into my eyes. He was expressionless. He was waiting for me to speak. He knew I figured it out. And now he's scared. "Your Mom," I started. "She's not in a good place right now, is she?" I didn't know what else to say. "Your Dad. He's not a very nice man, is he?"
The room went silent. Max slowly loosened his grip on my arm. "Ignore that.", he spoke in a throaty voice. Even with Max's naturally ruthless tone, his voice still managed to crack. Max let go of me altogether as he hesitantly backed away. He fiddled with his hands and looked in all directions other than mine. "I'll clean all of this." He was whispering. He'd gone from a dominant male figure to a dainty, porcelain doll in a matter of moments. That was all it had taken to find the center of who that boy really was- his home. "Go. Go to your tent. I'm sorry. I'm a fucking disappointment."
"Why would you say that?", I asked. I felt like all he needed was reassurance, but some people, even with time, can never recover. Maybe I was being too optimistic for this boy. "You're not a disappointment. I...I quite like you, actually, you know." Why would you say that? You don't like him!
He raised an eyebrow. "You like me?", he asked. His eyes darted around the room a few times. He scratched his head. Had he even heard me right? "You really are a little shit." What's that supposed to mean?
At this point, Max had completely confused me. I honestly had no clue what he was thinking. I looked down at my hands. I stared at them for a few moments to distract myself. I bit my lip. I felt the back of my throat tighten again. Finally, I looked back to Max. For a moment, I just studied him. Under Max's dark, distracting hair, piercing green eyes, and giant hoodie, all I could see was a broken little boy who had to safe space left to hide in. And I don't know how to fix it. I turned around and grabbed the doorknob. I started to open the door. My hands were shaking. "Stop!" A huge impact hurled itself onto my back. All of my air escaped from me.
I'd hit the ground, face first. My nose stung. I felt a constant pressure where my nose met my face. Before I knew it, Max whipped me around and pinned me to the floor. He jabbed his knees into my thighs and held my hands to the wooden floor, rendering me immobile. "I 'quite' like you, too.", Max breathed. We were nose-to-nose. I couldn't look away now, all I could see were his eyes. My heart was racing. I was smitten for him, and there were just no more excuses. "You 'like' me? And what the fuck might that mean?"
"Um-"
"Um?", he baited. I had no idea what to say. I wasn't really sure what to think, either.
I opened my mouth, but I didn't let anything out. Nothing wanted to come out. You're just going to have to take a shot. There's literally no other option at this point, Y/N. Trust youself, you know what you're doing. "I can't keep my eyes off of you.", I confessed. Everything came out in an exhausted breath. "You're incredible. I don't even know you."
I knew it sounded dumb, but it was the most honest answer I could've given. Max was silent for a little while. "Do you want to?", he asked.
"Know you?", I murmured. "Yes." I was shaking. And he knew it.
Yet he still connected his lips to mine. I froze. I'd never kissed anyone before. He pulled away. I felt like I was barely breathing. He fell back onto me and continued. I followed the movement of his lips. He unpinned my thighs and let me sit upright, only to, ironically, pin me back sitting against the door. The second time he pulled away, I gasped for breath. Everything was racing. My heart. My mind. I couldn't think, I could only do. And that was scary. We reconnected for one last time. I was trembling. Sweating. Scared. He moved his hands to my hair and ran his fingers through it. Every touch felt amplified. I needed something to latch onto. I wrapped my hands around his neck. This is wrong. Why am I doing this? I pulled away. Each breath was more and more unstable. "Max, I-"
"I know," he breathed. He was different now. Gentle. He pinned me to the ground, again. Exposed. We kissed. Himself. I wrapped my arms around his waist. We continued. What am I doing? This is wrong. Why do you want more? Isn't this good enough for you? I clutched him tighter.
And then the door opened. I, still pinned to the ground, sweating, turned my head so fast that it should've snapped my neck. And, surely enough, there was Gwen. The mean counselor. Or blunt. I hadn't figured it out yet. "Oh shit.", Max blurted.
All three of us stayed silent. Gwen looked stunned. "Okay," Max started. He got off of me. "I can explain." Can you?
"What the fuck Max!", Gwen shrieked. I still hadn't even dared to move. "You two better explain real good!" She looked over to the broken picture. "Jasper!" She placed her hands over her mouth and ran towards the dismantled photo. "Oh no!" She fell to the ground, barely missing a shard of glass. I walked up to Gwen. "This is really bad. Do you have any clue how much this means to David?"
"I'm so sorry, Gwen. I-I didn't mean it. I bumped it.", I lied. Max was already in enough trouble, it was time somebody gave him a break.
Gwen pressed her face into her hands. "You bumped it?", Gwen repeated. "I'd ask for details, but, after what I just seen, as much as I'd love to know, I'll just leave that all with you." My face heated. "Let's make a deal. You guys clean all of this up and find a new frame for the photo while I distract David and keep him out of his room, and I won't tell David about your probably not-safe-for-work love fest."
"I-It wasn't like that!", I defended. "It was a kiss. That's it. I swear!"
The counselor rolled her eyes. "I God-awful hope.", she begged. "I don't know what I'd tell your parents. Luckily, if you have this all cleaned up by tonight, we won't have to tell them, now will we?"
Max and I nodded. "Fine, but you better hold your end, bitch.", Max threatened. I stepped closer to Max. "I'm gonna' watch you. Don't think I won't. This is blackmail."
"Right," Gwen sighed. "Now, when I leave, don't do anything illegal. We have cameras, and you bet I'm watching every minute of that footage like it's a Grammy-winning soap opera." I bit my lips. "See you again tonight." Gwen left us alone, slamming the door behind her.
Max and I just stared at each other for a few seconds. "You surprise me, you little shit.", Max noted. "Maybe you should loosen up a little more, though." And there it was. The rude part. "It's okay, you'll get the hang of it. Trust me, there's more where that came from." And just like that, there was his dominant self again. And man, was I addicted to it.
__________________________
A/N - Holy crap. That is literally the most intimate thing I've ever written. I have no clue how I feel about it. That was wild... Am I bad at romance? Like, was that alright?¿ But, woah, that was really hot. I wasn't even trying to make it hot, it just wanted to be? I don't even know. ☁️

 ☁️