XIV

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───
Notice
This is a shortie. It's a short chapter because my sleep schedule is way too screwed up to find time to publish a full chapter today. However, it's just as good as any regular chapter. It's just shorter. Expect to find shorties more often, as band is taking up so much time that writing is becoming a struggle. However, I won't hiatus. I promise. So far I've honored that statement pretty well.
─── ── ── ───

Max's POV
Word Count: 689

     It's been two weeks. Two entire, fucking weeks. And she still hasn't said a word to me.
I couldn't take it anymore. It was all Preston's fault. He knocked her right off her feet. And for some reason, after all of this damn time I've spent on Y/N, she still couldn't give my ass one second of hers. But Preston? He's spoken to her every day since. And I'm fucking pissed.
"Max!", Neil screamed. My eyes finally adjusted after I shook my head. Shit. What did he say? "Max, you've gotta' stop this shit and keep your head." I had no clue what the hell that even meant. I screwed up my face. Neil let out an exaggerated sigh. "Just keep your cool, okay? And look, I've already told you, I can't help you if you can't tell me why she stopped talking to you. Max, don't lie to me. What did you do?"
I shook my head. I knew what I did, but I couldn't tell him. I crossed a line. "I don't remember, I fucking told you that!", I hollered. Neil shielded himself with both of his hands. Why does everyone think I want to hurt them? I balled my fists and bit my lip. Slowly, Neil put down his hands. I let myself relax.
"Max, I think you just need to go talk to her.", Neil suggested. But how can I do that? How I can just waltz up and talk to her? Then I really would be an ass. "Will you talk to her?"
I looked away for a second. I took a long breath. "There's no way in Hell.", I promised. Every few seconds, I curled my toes. I was worried I might break a tooth, they'd been grinding together for a while.
A few tents away, I heard a loud rumble. We both ignored it. "I don't know what to say, then. Just stop being a pussy and tell her how you feel.", Neil said.
My entire arm tensed up. My toes curled. My eyes began to twitch. "Call me that one more fucking time.", I challenged. I was breathing quicker now. Neil's expression remained the same. "Tell me that one more fucking time, you cunt!" I slammed my fist onto the plastic table. The entire table jumped up as my hand left it.
Neil crossed his arms. You have got to me mother fucking kidding me. My head was pounding. I couldn't even describe how much I wanted to punch him right in the gut. "You're being a pussy.", Neil taunted.
That was it. I wound up my good arm back and threw it right at him. One strike. He fell to the ground. I cornered him. Another punch. His lip was bleeding. He struggled to stand up. Threw another punch. Hit my target. He got a little bloodier. "Max!", someone screamed. I was busy. I kicked him. It felt really good. I felt important, dominant. So I kicked him again. "Maxwell!" My eyes widened.
Before I could turn around, a pair of arms wrapped around my chest, binding back my arms. "Run!", she screamed. Her voice shook. Y/N was sobbing. Shit. She rested her face on my back. She wouldn't speak to me, she only cried. Her entire body felt warm. She wouldn't let me go, but I wasn't fighting back her grip whole-heartedly either. I shut my eyes. "Go!" In that moment, I heard a whimper and a pitter-patter of feet.
I opened my eyes to see a trail of blood moving out of my view. I wouldn't turn my head to see where it lead.
"M-Max..."