[8] broken windows.

[ goddess - banks ]

______

BROKEN WINDOWS.

"Yo, this is fucked up!" Oscar yelled at the TV, his expression pained.

I laughed at his words from next to him on the couch. He was sitting forward, his elbows on his khaki covered knees as he looked at the show. His eyebrows were furrowed together in sadness as he frowned. I was almost certain I could see tears forming in his eyes, too.

The credits began to roll and Oscar's head whirled towards me. "Please tell me Poussey comes back to life," he pleaded.

I shook my head. "Sorry, but I can't say she does."

His head moves from side to side, disapprovingly. He leaned back in the chair, defeated as he crossed his arms over his chest. "This is some bullshit."

"Agreed, Mr. Diaz. Agreed," I said, grabbing the remote from the coffee table and quirking an eyebrow at him. "Next episode?"

A smile slowly grew on his face and he nodded. "Hells yeah."

I nodded, approvingly as I clicked the 'Continue' button. The theme song began to play and I leaned back into the couch, getting comfortable again.

It had been a few days since the ultimate Santos makeover and Oscar and I had been spending more time together. Whether it was him cooking for me, or just binge watching shows on Netflix for hours on end. And it was pretty enjoyable. Once you got past the thick gang leader wall he had he was actually good company.

The theme song was coming to an end when my phone began to ring. I leaned up from my position and grabbed it. I saw Catalina's name and instantly accepted as I brought the phone to my ear.

"Hey-"

"Come to my house ASAP!" she ordered, her voice firm. I could hear a lot of shuffling on her side,  which made me sit up straight, worriedly.

"What? What's going on?" I asked.

"I'll explain when you get here, just hurry," she said before the line went dead.

The conversation must have caught Oscar's attention because when I went to turn around he was already standing up. "C'mon." He grabbed his keys from the counter and walked to the door.

"You don't have to take me, I can walk or drive," I told him as I stood up and slipped on my sandals that were sitting by the door.

"Not letting you walk alone in this neighborhood," he shook his head, opening the door. He walked out and I followed him. He went to the drivers side and opened the door. "Plus, it more than likely has something to do with Bane, and he's in my gang so it concerns me."

I smirked as I pulled the passenger door open. "What happened to not caring about him and his relationship problems? Thought you had too much to worry about already."

"Yeah, well. Someone told me I need to do better, so I'm trying," he shrugged, the smallest smile tugging on his lips as he slipped inside the car.

I smiled to myself before sliding in right next to him.

†††