[19] top ten 101.

TOP TEN 101.

A day had passed since Oscar broke my heart and I didn't think I could feel any more empty than I did, but I was wrong. The emptiness I felt since that night was so empty that the bathroom floor wasn't nearly low enough to cry on.

We hadn't talked.

We walked around the house like the other wasn't even there. I was depressed. I stayed in Cesar's room all day, reading through his notebook. It was one of the only things that made me smile these days.

Cat still wasn't talking to me. I had the Santos to talk to, but Oscar was always around them and I didn't even want to engage in that awkward situation. They knew about the breakup and that we were having a rough time, but they never spoke on it. They just took orders from me and sat with Oscar all day.

I hated my life.

I wished I could go back in time and stop Raquel from shifting power to me. I wished that night I could've just stuck up to my parents, let them cut me off and continue leading and then lived happily with Oscar and Cesar the rest of my life. I wished I could've changed a lot of things these days.

I was packing my bag to go to Ground Zero for the night as I sulked in my room. Raquel was on his way to get me and we were going to drive to Silver Springs. He wanted me to get there a day early so he could prep me for the meeting and I was thankful. I didn't know what I was walking myself into tomorrow and needed to feel at least a little prepared.

I was packing my toiletries when there was a knock on the door. I said for them to come in and the door opened, revealing Sad Eyes.

"Hola. Qué pasa?" I asked, continuing to pack.

"Raquel está afuera," he informed me and I thanked him before kicking myself into speed mode and packing the rest of my stuff. I slid my bag over my shoulder and walked out into the living room, waving goodbye to the Santos that were hanging out inside. They bid me goodbyes and I exited the house, giving them a final wave.

When I walked out I saw more Santos were drinking and smoking on the porch and yard. It was something I expected, however, what I didn't expect to see was Oscar stuffing a bag filled with clothes into Raquel's trunk.

I approached the two men and Raquel took my bag from me, putting it in the trunk beside Oscar's before closing it.

"You're coming?" I asked, completely surprised.

"Yeah," Oscar grunted, pushing past me and hopping in the backseat of the car.

I turned towards Raquel. "What the hell?"

"Called me last night and told me he was coming," he said, nodding towards Oscar. I glanced at him through the back window. "Said he didn't want you going by yourself. He really cares about you, Reina."

"Don't call me that. It's cringey," I rolled my eyes. "He cares so much, but he broke up with me and now refuses to talk to me? Make it make sense."

"It doesn't make sense."

Oscar didn't make sense. Like ever.

"So what? We have to go through this trip with him standing off to the side glared and clenching his jaw the entire time?" I asked, already dreading it.

"That's what it looks like," he nodded.

I sighed, running my hand through my hair, stressed. "I mean, can I even bring him? It's a meeting for the top ten gangs. Won't they get mad I brought a leader of a gang that's not anywhere close to the top ten?"