[10] peace.

PEACE.

Being with Oscar Diaz was surprisingly easier than I expected it to be.

I expected having to deal with constant fights with his old hoes that decide to show up, or doing illegal shit for the Santos for or with him. But none of that ever happened. No old exes or flings showed up, no running for the Santos. Nothing of that sort. The last week was, instead, filled with him cooking for me, binge watching Netflix, joking around with the gang (who were quite funny and harmless once you got to know them) and really, really good sex.

We wanted to sit Cesar down and tell him about our relationship the day after it happened, but when him and Jamal walked into the house unannounced and saw Oscar and I making out on the couch the opportunity for that discussion flew out the window. We tried to explain, but he held his hand up, not needing one. He simply shrugged, a small smile on his face as the words 'I knew it was coming' sounded from his lips.

And of course Jamal couldn't keep the secret, so within the hour Ruby, Monse and Olivia were knocking on the front door expecting answers and details. Which I, much to Oscar's dismay, gave them.

I wanted to tell Catalina everything, but she had been busy with work and school and it was a conversation that I couldn't have with her over text. So, after making plans a couple days ago, we set up a girl's day at her house that included face masks, manicures and pedicures along with some wine and, of course, chisme.

Her house was where I was walking to when I ran into Olivia and Monse on the street.

"Violetta! Hey!" Monse yelled from the other side of the road.

I waved to the two girls and walked across the street to meet them. "Hey, what are you guys doing?"

"Going to the cornerstore for snacks," Olivia answered, "What about you?"

"On the way to Cat's. We're having a girls day," I smiled.

"Ooh, can we come?" Monse asked.

"Sorry, M, but it's a 21 and over girl's day. We're gonna plan an all ages girls day soon, though. I promise."

"You finally gonna tell her about how Spooky's dicking you down?" Monse taunted, a smile on her face as she crossed her arms.

"I'm not having this conversation with fourteen year olds," I paused. "Again."

"Olivia won't be fourteen anymore in six days!"

I quirked an eyebrow at her. "Really?"

She slowly nodded. "Ruby's completely thrown himself into planning my quince, like coordinated dance routines and everything," she rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed at the idea. "But that brings me to my next question, will you be one of my damas? You and Oscar could be partners for the dance routine. It would be so cool to have you there and it would mean so much to me. Maybe even make Ruby's quincecabra attitude a little more bearable. Please, Violetta?"

She gave me her best attempt at puppy dog eyes and my eyes flickered to Monse, who was standing a foot behind her. She gave me a small nod, and I turned back to Olivia, plastering a smile on my face. I nodded. "We're in."

"Do gang leaders even do quinces?" Monse snorted.

"This one will."

"Great! Practice is tomorrow at six, don't be late," she said, engulfing me in a hug. I stood there until she pulled away. "And I'm not saying that because I care about your tardiness, but because if you are, Ruby might actually drown you in the Pacific Ocean."