[13] the devil & the serpent.

THE DEVIL & THE SERPENT

When I finally came to my head and wrists were throbbing. My arms were aching and everything was groggy.

I slowly blinked my eyes open. Blurry figures and objects became clear as I looked at my surroundings with drooping eyes.

It smelt of wood and dust. I was in an abandoned warehouse. Nothing was here besides me and the fifteen men and women (it took me three tries to finally count the correct number of moving fuzzy figures). The floor was covered in dust and debris. The walls were covered in graffiti and falling apart.

There were windows on the high ceiling, allowing the full moon to illuminate what seemed liked the millions of candles could not. The heat from the burning candles scattered around didn't help with the dry heat of California (that was the only indication that I was still in the same state; the fucking heat was different over here). I could feel the sweat running down my body - that I was just now realizing was chained up.

My hands were tied together by a chain that let the rest of my body hang, my feet barely touching the ground. I tried to move my wrists around, but it was tied so tight I could barely wiggle them.

One of the men nearby heard my struggling and his head whipped my way

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

One of the men nearby heard my struggling and his head whipped my way.

"Viper, diga a Caín que está despierta," the latino man ordered to the short, dark skinned girl standing by the door on the other side of the warehouse. Her black, long and full curly hair bounced as she nodded her head. She glanced at me before opening the giant red doors and stepping out into the dark. The doors creaked closed, a loud thud sounding as she shut them.

"Quién es Caín?" I mumbled, groaning at the burst of pain that shot through my head. I squeezed my eyes shut, sighing as the feeling slowly disappeared.

"You'll find out soon, muñeca," the pale, blonde girl that stood closest to me smiled, mischievously. She was tall with a perfect hourglass figure. Her face was caked with blotchy makeup and her long, blonde hair ran down her back. I looked down to the giant rifle she was holding in her hands. I noticed that everyone had some form of a weapon: a knife, a gun on their hip or a rifle in their hands (or all three).

"Who taught you that word, gringa?" I asked. I saw her jaw tighten and I looked over to the guy who ordered the other girl to get Cain - whoever the fuck that was. I nodded at him, a smirk on my lips. "Was it you? You look like you got a thing for white, skinny putas."

I could see the girl start to move, but his voice stopped her. "Copper, let it go. Cain will deal with her."

She reluctantly stood down, glaring at me from her spot a few feet away from me. I giggled and she scoffed. "I would be more scared if I was you."

"Well, that makes sense," I attempted to shrug. "You look like a pussy."

I saw her jaw clench and she put her gaze forward instead of on me. After a few more seconds the doors opened again. Two tall, bulky men walked in side by side. One was black and one was asian. They strode in sync, their faces emotionless. After a few more steps they stepped to oppossite sides, revealing a shorter man behind them.

sanctuary. [oscar diaz]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें