[20] hold your breath and count to five.

HOLD YOUR BREATH AND COUNT TO FIVE.

"Wear something that let's them know you're the one in charge."

Raquel's words bounced around my mind as I sifted through the clothes I brought, now wishing I brought my entire closet.

I didn't have anything powerful looking - just skimpy clothes a rich girl would wear. My mom wore cocktail dresses and heels everywhere, but that wasn't my style. And my dad had it easy, only having to put a suit on, but I didn't own anything close to that. 

I was full on panicking as I threw clothes every which way. I had already did my makeup, so I was trying not to cry it off, but I was reaching my limit. I hated everything. Nothing was good enough and I was going to walk into this very important meetings looking like a fool. 

No one will take me serious.

"With this on they will."

My head snapped to the doorway to see Raquel leaning against the doorway, a shopping bag in hand. 

"What is that?" I asked from my seat on the floor.

"Your outfit for today," he answered. "Figured you might have trouble finding something and brought it as a back up." He looked around. "By the looks of this room, I'm glad I did."

I stood from my spot and ran to him, engulfing him in a hug. "You're the best, oh my God!"

He laughed as I pulled away and handed the bag to me. I took it and set it on my bed, pulling out the articles of clothing inside. There was a crimson pair of pants with a matching jacket and a black blouse to go underneath. To match were a black pair of heels and some hoop earrings. 

"Raquel, thank you," I looked to him. "You just saved my ass."

"Thank my wife," he said. "She's the one who picked out the outfit for you. Well, except the necklace."

"Necklace?" my eyebrows scrunched together as I look back into the bag, seeing something glimmering at the bottom. I pulled it out to reveal a silver necklace, a wolf pendant hanging at the end. "A wolf?"

"Don't ask me," he put his hands up. "I didn't buy it."

"If you didn't and your wife didn't who did?" I asked.

"Oscar."

"Oh," I breathed, looking back down at the wolf.

Why the hell would he buy me a wolf necklace? I would've expected a cross from him or something like that.

"You should get ready, the first of them will be arriving soon," Raquel informed me and I nodded.

"Okay."

He gave me a small smile and exited the room, closing the door behind him. I changed into the outfit quickly, admiring myself in the mirror. I looked so... official. Nothing like what I was used to wearing: booty shorts, crop tops and skimpy dresses. That part of me was still inside, but I liked how this new me looked. 

As my black, wavy hair cascaded down my back, settling upon my shoulders and my long eyelashes blinked in the mirror, I couldn't help but admire myself. You know that moment in life where you can physically feel yourself growing up and transforming as a person?

As I watched my reflection, I could see it before my eyes.

I could also see the almost completely covered bags under my eyes and my brown eyes that were suddenly darker now. I wondered if growing up and transforming was as tiring and depressing for everyone as it was for me.