[16] this is a place where i don't feel alone.

[to build a home - the cinematic orchestra]

______

THIS IS A PLACE WHERE I DON'T FEEL ALONE.

PRESENT DAY
[NOVEMBER 2018]
📍 California

As soon as I stepped outside of the warehouse I wish I didn't.

Bodies were everywhere. They were covered in blood and the pavement I walked on was stained with it. Some bodies had fallen on top of each other in battle. Some still had their eyes open and it felt like they were staring into my soul. I bent down and closed their eyes for them.

All of Cain's men were dead and a few of my father's men had perished. I didn't see any Santos on the ground lifeless and a weight lifted off of my shoulders.

Large groups of men surrounded the warehouse - some on watch and some just talking. However, the biggest group was located in the parking lot in front of the building. I saw the familiar man with a small beard in a suit and I stilled.

I felt Oscar's hand entwine in mine as he took place next to me. I looked up at him and he gave me a reassuring smile. "It's okay. I got you, hermosa."

I took a big breath and nodded before we continued towards the crowd. One of the Santos noticed us approaching and said something to my father, who swiftly turned around. A smile appareared on his face as he walked to me and held out his arms.

Once we got close enough Oscar let go of my hand and my dad engulfed me in a hug. I stood limply in his arms. I didn't want to hug this pathetic excuse of a man.

He noticed my lack of enthusiasm and pulled back, keeping his hands on my arms as he looked at me. "You can't hug your old man who you havent seen in months?"

"One month," I corrected. "And I don't hug deplorable men."

His jaw clenched as his eyes narrowed at me. "What are you talking about, Violetta?"

"Cain told me what you did to his brother - your partner, your friend," I told him and he dropped his hands from my arms. "I know what you did. I remember."

"He was lying, Violetta," he insisted.

I shook my head. "I don't think he was," I said, honestly. I turned to Oscar. "I want to go home."

He nodded. "Okay."

There were trucks everywhere, which made sense considering there were hundreds of Santos and my father's men around. They needed to all get here somehow.

"Ride with me," my father said, grabbing my hand as I tried to walk past him.

I yanked my hand from his grasp and shook my head. "No, thanks. See you at, Oscar's."

I turned around and walked past all the SUVs straight to the red impala I knew belonged to Oscar. I got in and watched my father talk to him from across the parking lot. After a few minutes Oscar came to the car and everyone else began piling into the SUVs. Most of the men stayed behind to what I was guessing clean up everything.