oo5

we were stargazing. it was after a football game, and we were out in the country. you drove me in your mom's minivan, your face lightly painted in your school colors for school spirit. my face was painted with my own school's colors thanks to a friend of mine from my math class. however, i was wearing your school hoodie while you were wearing my orange scarf. you asked me a question.

"where do you see yourself in a week?"

i remember laughing, gently hitting your shoulder afterwards. you pushed me back softly, not wanting to damage my small and fragile body

"don't you mean a year?"

"no, that question is too cliche. a week."

i thought for a few seconds before answering.

"finding the cure for cancer."

"becoming president because trump will be impeached."

"moving out and driving to canada."

"telling my parents im coming back home with ten more cats."

we continue, back and forth, before you finally stop laughing, a serious tone in your voice.

"no, but seriously. if you had a week left in the world because of, like, an apocalypse, where do you see yourself?"

i finally sat up ( i had been leaning on your shoulder ), staring you in the eyes. 

"you go first."

you sigh, breaking eye contact and gazing up at the stars again. there was silence between us for a few seconds before your soft and gentle voice answered my demand.

"by your side, holding your hand, and wrapping you up in my arms because of the cold weather that we're gonna have to go through at the next football game."

here we are, a week later, doing exactly that