o2o

i have dreams

dreams about flowers. about petals flying in the wind. i try my best to catch the colors, but they all shatter into pieces at the touch of my fingertips. they shatter like your heart. they shatter like the glass that i broke in my sink after screaming and crushing it in my pale hands, my hands full of cuts.

dreams about rain. about the lightning that flashes in the sky like my love for you: captivated by thousands at its beauty. how you chase me against the treacherous wind that causes me to lose sight of the sidewalk, and how i slip and fall and skin my knees due to the puddles forming below me.

dreams about competition. about the gun, or the whistle, or the buzzer going off in the silence of a stadium, and how i watch you come to life before my eyes, the little competitive smirk glinting on your face. how joyful you appear to be when i come to congratulate you. how i shriek in surprise when you pick me up and twirl me around. you look so nice with a smile on your face.

dreams about heartbreak.

yours, not mine.

about the cold shoulder you give me now, how you can't even look me in the eyes anymore, all because of the disaster that i have caused to erupt from the volcano that has been sleeping for so long. you wear a constant frown on your lips, and when people ask me what brought you so down, im too scared to say that im the one behind your tears.

im so sorry for making your pretty face cry

i asked you if you have dreams too

you told me you have nightmares