05 | Stark

Peter's POV:

"What the hell are you doing here kid?" He stern voice asked.

"H-hello Mr. Stark." I nervously said waving my hand at him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked again, this time crossing his arms over his chest.

"I uh was helping Nova-"

"Okay, can we talk outside the room please?" He asked cutting me off.

"S-sure." I walked toward the door, taking a glance back at Nova, she seem just as nervous as I did.

Mr. Stark closed the door, leaving Nova alone.

"When I said to make sure she got around safely I didn't mean around my home either." He said recrossing his arms.

That's when I put two and two together, this was Stark Tower, and Nova lived here. It also explains why Mr. Stark was in such a rush for me the leave the other night.

"I also asked you to make her some friends."

"I did Mr. Stark," I said, "she because friends with Ned and Michele and the others from the academic-"

"I guess I can't argue with that." He said with a sigh, "I just didn't except that you'd be one of the friends."

"Is she related to you? Mr. Stark? I wasn't able to get her to give me her last name and if she's living with you.." I asked nervously.

"Pete, she's my daughter."

It felt as if my heart just sank. This whole time I've been standing in the presence of another Stark and I wasn't even aware.

"Y-your what sir?"

"Listen I am just as surprised as you are," he said placing his hands on my shoulders, "I don't mind if the two of you are friends, being that you are...you know who and you can protect her when I'm not around."

I started to smile, I really liked Nova and I was excited to get closer to her, "thanks Mr. Stark, that also means I can spend more time with you huh?"

He blinked a couple times then slowly turned the corner of his lip and stuck it out revealing the side of his teeth, "I guess you could say that. But don't make it into a habit. If trouble happens and the friendly neighborhood-"

"Yes yes yes I know, thank you Mr. Stark." I said quickly hoping Nova wasn't listening to our conversation.

"Good. I don't mean to rush you out, but I have to make sure Nova is cleaned up and ready for tonight, I planed a dinner meeting and...I'm ready to announce that I have a child."

The door opens quickly and out stomped Nova, "I'm not a child, I'm literally fixing to be seventeen years old." She snapped. So she is the same age as me.

"Well, sorry you know what I meant. Go get ready we have to leave here soon."

Nova nodded, but quickly looked over at me, "Hey, Peter?"

"Hmm?" I hummed looking at her, thinning my lips into a line.

"Can I have your phone number? So we can talk and stuff?"