07 | I'm sorry

Nova's POV:

Parker tried speaking to me the rest of the school day. But anytime I saw his face I turned and went the opposite direction.

I wasn't going to have any of his bullshit.

I knew he knew Tony somehow, since with how they reacted together at the house yesterday, but my guess was since Peter was top of our class at a high school literally for tech and science and he caught Tony's attention.

But no, he was apart of some internship. Funny how all of a sudden I show up as a Stark and he wants to be all buddy buddy with me. What a better way to score bonus points with Tony? Become friends with the daughter. Boom. It's that easy.

I felt I was doing pretty good at ignoring Peter. But everywhere I turned and looked it was like he was right there. Right on his toes and ready to speak to me.

It's like he's got some weird senses or something.

The bell rang for the school day to be over.

I stopped by my locker to drop off my books. I closed the locker shut and BAM there he was, leaning against the locker staring at me.

"Nova please,"

"Parker please, leave me be."

I turned and walked down the hall as quickly as I could.

I can't believe I let someone like him mess with me. Mess with my emotions and make me happy. Mess with my heart the way he did.

I'm such an idiot.

Peter kept calling me, but I never turned back.

"Nova would you just please fucking wait a minute?!" He yelled across the hall.

I lifted up my hand flipping him the bird.

And I kept walking.

I go outside the school and turned towards the direction of the tower preparing myself to walk home. I didn't some air and time to think. Plus walking sounded like a great idea.

I turned the corner and yet again, there he was right in front of me.

It caught me off guard, how the hell did he beat me out here?

"What the hell Parker!" I snapped, walking around him.

But he kept up with my fast pace.

"Nova, please just hear me out." Peter pleased, not backing down.

"No, Peter. I don't want to talk to you."

"Nova I wanted to tell you about the internship," he said not even breaking a sweat to keep up with me, meanwhile I'm over here already starting to lose my breath, "I just didn't get the time to, when Mr. Stark showed up it caught me so off guard and then you were dealing with the party and I didn't think it was the right time to tell you."

"It doesn't matter Pete, we can't be friends. I'm not going to let you use me as bonus points with my father."

He jumped int front of me which caught me by surprise. I bumped into him, landing against his chest and him catching me in his arms.