The Babies (Introduction)

Snape's PoV

I got to the house, but I was to late. They were dead. I pushed through the ruble of the house. I stopped upon seeing adoption paperwork filled out on the table. Were they planning on giving up Harry? I looked at the top of the paper for the name. Amelia Potter. An unwanted twin. I was pulled from my thoughts by crying from a basket on the table. A little girl sat inside. I lifted her up. She looked just like her mother, with little tufts of red hair, but she had her father's eyes. I took her and the little boy to Dumbledore.

"What is to be done with the two?" I asked as Albus stood above the babies.

"I believe that it would be right to send the girl to an orphanage, and the boy to his aunt and uncle." he said calmly.

"P-put her up for adoption?!" I stammered.

"Unless you would like to raise her, Severus." he answered.

"I couldn't. No. Could I at least rename her?" I asked Dumbledore.

"We would have to change her last name anyway for safety, so I don't see why not. What would you like to name her?" he asked me.

"Lily, after her mother."

"Alright, Lily Thorne it is then," he told me, changing the name on the documents. Both of the children where whisked away to their new homes, and we didn't see them again for eleven years.