Order of the Important People

Lily's PoV:

"...so, as you see, this is very important to the Order." Molly finished telling me.

"How could you ask me to do something like that. I couldn't spy on them. I have too many secrets to keep already," I said, my voice cracking.

"Honey, any information you could give us about the Dark Lord would be useful. And the Malfoy's trust you enough to tell you just about anything." Molly reasoned.

"That's why I can't. They trust me. So I'm dating Draco, I don't want him to think that what we have is fake and is only there so that I can gain information." I said. The whole table seemed to sigh.

"Well you don't have to tell him," Lupin said, trying to sway me.

"He'd find out. We're both skilled at Occlumency and let each other into our minds." I told him.

"What if you told him the truth. That you were doing this to help take down Voldemort. I mean, if Draco and Narcissa aren't truly his followers, then wouldn't they be willing to give you information?" Tonks asked gently. I raised my eyebrows, thinking about this. It actually didn't seem that bad when she said it like that.

"Hmmm... I'll sleep on it," I said slowly. Molly hugged me.

"Thank you dear," she said, leading me out of the room. She closed the door behind me, leaving me alone to deal with the Weasleys and the trio. I sighed, suddenly tired. Hermione, Harry and Ron rushed over to me.

"What did they want?" Ron asked. I sighed yet again, debating whether or not I should tell them. I decided that there was no harm in telling them.

"The Order wants me to be a spy for Him. They think that I would be good for that because I'm so close to the Malfoys. Which makes sense, I mean, I did run away from my abusive 'mother' to them a month ago, but then I had to leave because you guys needed me. Not to mention the fact that Draco and Narcissa both want to be free from Him." I explained.

"So are you going to do it?" Hermione asked.

"I don't know. I don't want anything bad to happen," I said. Harry nodded. They let me sleep in peace that night, knowing what kind of decision I had to make. I woke the next morning and ran down the stairs. I had made my choice. The members of the Order sat around the table with their breakfast.

"I'll do it," I told them. The group cheered and thanked me profusely. I was allowed to leave for Malfoy Manor. I was scared, to say the least, but this was something that I had to do. So I packed up my things yet again and said some quick goodbyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Draco... I have to tell you something.." I said slowly, pulling him into the hall, away from everyone else.

"What?" he asked, completely clueless to what I was about to say.

"You have to promise not to say anything until I'm completely done talking, and to not get mad." I told him. He gave me a weird look, raising an eyebrow.

"O-kay," he said carefully. I gulped.

"So, there's this group that is working to take Him down, and they need me to do one thing. They need me to use you and your mother to spy on Him. But this works out because both you and your mother want to be free of Him, no matter what other people might think," I finished.

"I'm... not sure what to say...I want to get mad at you.... but I can't because this makes perfect sense," Draco sighed, "So I guess I say yes."

"Thank you thank you thank you," I repeated over and over while hugging him, I stepped back, "Is there anything useful you can tell me as of now?"

"No, I don't think that anything big is going to happen this year, to be honest." he said, "But next year might be the year."

"Okay, just remember that I can see your thoughts at any given time," I told him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spent the summer at Malfoy Manor, and nothing big happened. It was a rather boring summer. Draco and I spent most of our time in the library reading, and when I wasn't reading I was painting. I may not have done much, but I had a great time with Draco.