Should I Tell?

Lily 's PoV:

I paced around my room. Hermione watched me from where she was sitting on the floor.

"Lils, what's bothering you now?" she asked, her worry tainting her voice.

"I don't know if I should tell Harry about... well, you know. On one hand, Dumbledore told me that I could tell him whenever I was ready, but that I should know it might bring me immense danger or pain. On the other hand, Dumbledore has been dead for about a month now, and Harry still doesn't know and I don't want him to have to worry about anything else. He's already stressed out about those Horcrux thingies. I don't want to be all 'oh look, you have a twin, now watch me die for telling you that', but I still want him to know, just in case he were to ever die before I could tell him." I babbled, as I tended to do when I was stressed, "And he would be mad that his only living relative was dating his Death Eater enemy." I added quietly. Hermione nodded.

"I think that you should tell him. Let's think this out, what's the worst that could happen?" she asked calmly.

"Hmmm, either Harry hating me for the Draco thing, or me dying for having said something," I answered.

"Well, the stakes are high." she said, "Now, one last question: do you want to tell him?" I thought about this for a minute.

"I do want to tell him." I told her.

"Well then tell him," she said. 

"I guess I'll go do that... You know what? I'll go do it now, rip off the band aid." I said, quickly thanking my friend before scurrying down the stairs to find my brother. I saw him reading on the couch of the common room. I plopped down beside him. Harry looked up from his book.

"Hey, so, um, I have something to tell you," I said to him. He raised his eyebrows.

"What is it?" he asked.

"I... well I'm really not sure how to say this... I never thought that I would be the one telling you this, but here it goes. I'm your twin," I said quietly.

"YOU'RE WHAT! I mean, that's awesome," he said, calming himself. We talked about it for hours and I explained everything to him. Then he said something that ended the conversation completely.

"So...if I'm your older brother, than I should be taking care of you and keeping you out of trouble, right?" he asked. 

"Yeah, I guess," I told him.

"Okay, I hoped that you would say something like that." Harry said cheerily, smiling even wider, if that was even possible at this point.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I want you to stay away from Draco. He's no good. When you were my friend all I could do was scorn the relationship, but now I can forbid you to see that ferret." he said happily.

"EXCUSE ME! YOU CAN'T DO THAT! YOU MIGHT BE MY BROTHER BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU HAVE PERMISION TO BOSS ME AROUND AND TELL ME WHO I CAN AND CAN'T DATE! YOU KNOW WHAT?!  DRACO IS KIND AND SWEET AND IF YOU WOULD GET TO KNOW HIM I THINK YOU WOULD BE GREAT FRIENDS, BUT YOU LET THAT DAMNED FIRST IMPRESSION TAKE OVER EVERYTHING!" I screamed at him. By the end of my speech people had come down from their rooms and were watching us. Part of me was glad that there were witnesses to see what an ass my brother was being. 

I stomped out of the common room, leaving everyone shell-shocked at my outburst. I had never been so mad. I felt angry tears running down my face as I blindly walked the halls of the school. I didn't know where I was going, I just had to get out of that before Harry said anything else that he would regret as soon as I hexed him several times. The tears turning into sobs of pain. I knew that I should have kept this secret. I knew that Harry would be skipping next year to look for the objects, I also knew that he had basically disowned me. Someone had pulled me into a hug. When I had calmed down a bit I realized that I hadn't seen who said person was. I pulled back and saw that it was Draco. He gave me a half smile.

"Is everything okay? I know it's not, but do you want to talk about it?" he asked kindly. I took a deep breath and told him everything that had happened. It was painful, put I got everything out.

"I'm going to kill that boy. He's an ass, trying to control you. The great Lily Thorne-Potter is not someone to mess with," he told me.

"Thanks," I said, laughing, "You're okay with me being a Potter?" I asked, slightly afraid of what his answer might be.

"Of course," he said, "it would be petty if I didn't. It's like me being a Death Eater. It's just a bloody title that should mean nothing if you don't really want it." I sighed, squeezing his hand. The future was going to be stressful, but he would be here for me, that much I knew.