Till Death Do Us Part

I stood in front of the mirror admiring my dress as Narcissa styled my hair. I was giddy with excitement for the ceremony, and I knew that Draco was too. I almost wished that I had made up with my twin before my big day. He was my only living family member (besides the Dursley's, but they didn't count). I heard the door creak open behind me and I turned to see who it was. A familiar bespectacled face greeted me. Narcissa didn't turn, but instead put her hands on either side of my head and faced me back to the mirror. Harry looked out of breath.

"Lily! You can't marry Draco. He's a stuck up arrogant blood purest!" He rushed, trying to convince me to back out. I stiffened at his words.

"I'm going through with this because I love him, Harry," I said as calmly as I could.

"He's a spoiled rotten no good pain in the a-" Harry started again before Narcissa cut him off. She turned to face him, a dangerous and deadly gleam in her eyes.

"For your information, I had trouble conceiving Draco. The chances of him even surviving to see his first birthday were slim enough as is. So yes, we spoiled him, because Luicus and I were afraid we might loose him at any time, therefore we wanted to make sure that he knew he was loved," she spat before storming out of the room. Harry stood there in shock, his eyes were wide. I tried to enter his mind, only to remember that Harry knew Occulmens and could keep me out. I clenched my jaw.

"I'm...sorry," he said so quietly that I almost couldn't hear him. I whipped around to face him.

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to," I hissed. Harry shrunk back and slid out the door. I heard the soft thumps of his steps down the stairs. I sighed and rubbed my temples. Somehow this day had turned upside down in a matter of minutes. I finished tying back my red curls and put on the bracelet that would be my 'something borrowed'.

"My God," I muttered. This was to much. The ceremony was going to start soon. I thought I was ready but after all that... I wasn't entirely sure anymore. The door creaked open and Harry came in. 

"You didn't do anything to her did you?" I panicked. Harry shook his head no and gave me a small smile. 

"No, we worked it out," he said quietly. 

"And?" I asked, wanting to know what had come out of their talk.

"I'd like to give you away," he said. I bounced on my toes, excited by the idea.

"YES!" I yelled happily. It was what I had wanted the whole time.

"Well, let's get you downstairs," Harry told me. He took my arm and led me down. The train of my dress flowed behind me, and I momentarily wondered if I would trip over it on the way down. I smiled at the thought of literally falling into my wedding.

Dear Reader,

Okay. So I'm never going to actually finish this story, but I thought I should at least give you  the very last little bit I wrote before giving it up. Thank you for taking the time to read this story, I truly appreciate it.

Love, Rose.