The Battle of Hogwarts

Lily's PoV:

So we were breaking into Hogwarts. Everything had seemed surreal up to this point. Neville led us through the tunnel and into the castle. I found myself struggling to breathe properly. Everything had been falling apart these last few months. I couldn't contact Draco because of the potential danger it might cause. Harry didn't talk to me, and hadn't talked to me since Dobby had died. Ron just kind of... gave me weird looks. Hermione talked to me a little bit, but no where near as much as she usually  did.  Neville let us into the school.

 It was clear that this was not a great place to be. Things had fallen with Dumbledore. It was awful to have to see everything like this. There was going to be a battle and everything was going to be destroyed. I only hoped that I would live through it. I was so caught up in my thoughts that the trio had disappeared, and everyone else had left or was busy with other things. Then there was an announcement to go to the great hall. 

I shuffled out with the other students, figuring that this would be the best way to find Draco, if he was even here. We filed out of the room and ran into other people on the way to the hall. I scanned the crowd for a head of platinum blond hair. I almost yelled when I saw him. I fought my way through the people so as to get to him. His eyes widened when he saw me. He looked around nervously before pulling me out of the line and leading me into a deserted classroom. 

"What the- how the hell did you get in here?" he asked.

"Harry got us in. I think that he'll also be bringing in some of the others that are in the Order. I think that there's going to be a battle and-" I was cut off as he pressed his lips to mine. We spent awhile there.

"Get the bloody hell off of my sister!" I heard my brother yell. Draco and I broke apart quickly. I saw Harry's wand pointed at Draco. This wouldn't do, I thought. I lifted my wand and aimed at my brother.

"Expelliarmus!" I shouted. Harry's wand flew from his hand. Draco retrieved it from the ground and handed it to me. Harry looked at me and slowly backed away, powerless and scared. "I'm going to give you your wand. I want you to leave and mind your own bloody business for the first time in your life." I said coolly. I held out his wand to take. He grabbed it and left, not saying anything else. Draco gently held my hand.

"Hey, let's finish this." he said calmly, "There's going to be a battle, that much we know. Let's leave." he suggested. 

"I couldn't do that. You know that." I told him gently. Draco suddenly jumped away from me. He cradled his left arm close to his body.

"I- have to go," he said sadly, "Don't hurt yourself." I shook my head.

"I'll see you when this is over," I promised as he walked away from me. He was headed to the forest. I wasn't dumb, I knew that we were all going to die for my brother. But Harry was my brother no matter what, and I knew that I had to help him. I slipped out of the castle, trying not to pay to much attention to the wounded that lay around me. I had to step over a few bodies, but I managed to get out and into the forest. I heard footsteps behind me. I reached for my wand and turned around, it was Lucius.

"Where is he? Where's Draco?" he asked, the desperation seeping into his voice. I lowered my wand.

"He went into the forest, to the place where everything is going to happen," I told him. Lucius ran past me and further into the forest. I sighed, it looked like I would be saving my brother's arse by myself. Oh well, I thought. I didn't know how I knew where to find them, but I did.

 I stood a distance away from the Death Eaters and my brother. I hid behind the trees and watched as my brother and Voldemort dueled. I spotted Bellatrix bouncing on her heels happily. I watched as Lucius pulled his family closer to him. I drew out my wand and cast a spell that would keep my brother alive no matter what happened. Then I cast another spell. I watched as he faltered, before Voldemort's killing curse hit him head on. I let out a breath that I didn't know I had been holding. I prayed that my first charm worked properly. Narcissa was told to check to see if the boy was dead. 

I watched her as she slowly walked over to Harry. It looked as if she was going to be sick. She knelt beside Harry, but before saying anything she threw on last look into the trees, at me. She opened her mouth to say something to me, but I put a finger to my mouth, signaling her to be quiet. She sighed, but didn't do anything about me. Narcissa whispered something to my brother, and I saw his head bob ever so slightly, thankfully Narcissa's body blocked the movement from the sight of the others. She rose from the ground and turned to face the Death Eaters. She took a shaky breath.

"Dead," was all that she said. Voldemort laughed and Bellatrix jumped up and down and clapped her hands. I smiled and headed back to the castle upon hearing Voldemort demand that Hagrid carry Harry's body back to the school. If I got there before them then I could tell the others, and we could destroy the other Horcruxes and defeat the Dark Lord. Then this all would be over. I started to run once I knew that I would be out of their sight.

 I made it to the castle minutes before they did. I was able to tell Neville, Luna, and Ron about Harry before the others showed up. I was only able to tell the three of them because  I had instructions to give Neville. It was important that Neville did it because no one would suspect him, but I knew that he had it in him to do what needed to be done. Voldemort entered the courtyard with his followers. He started a speech about joining him. When he was done Neville came forward with his own speech. He talked about my brother in a way that made it seem as though he was truly dead. I would have to talk to him about muggle acting classes when all of this was over. Harry tumbled out of Hagrid's arms to the ground. All attention turned to them as Neville seized the sword of Gryffindor from the ground and sliced Nagini's head off. Voldemort stumbled before going after Harry again. 

I knew that my brother would win, good always won no matter what. I saw Death Eaters running into the castle throwing spells and curses left and right. I hurried after them, hoping to be able to stop some of the damage. I heard laughing and then someone else screamed. I turned to the right to see what was happening. I watched Narcissa running to her sister to save her from Molly. Or to save Molly from Bellatrix. I chased after her, knowing that if she did make it in between them she would die. I caught up to her and grabbed her arms to hold her back. She struggled against me, but was unable to break my grip. Bellatrix was starting to look worried when Molly threw some spell at her that froze her in place. Narcissa broke from my grip and ran to push her sister out of the way. Molly made Bellatrix burst into hundreds of pieces as Narcissa fell into the now empty place where her sister had just stood. 

"YOU BITCH!" she yelled at Molly. Molly Weasley took a couple of step back, still shielding her children with one arm, the other held her wand at the ready. I stood frozen, watching as Narcissa drew her wand from her belt and aimed it at Molly.

"Don't," I heard Draco say quietly, slowly approaching his rage driven mother. He put a hand on her shoulder. She lowered her wand a little bit. 

"Why?" she hissed, "My sister is dead."

"Because Molly had no choice," I said gently, walking up to Narcissa. Draco and I stood by her side. 

"She was going to kill Ginny. What would you do if she was going to kill Draco?" Molly reasoned, not noticing that her children had left to fight. Narcissa placed her wand back in her belt before knelling to the ground to retrieve Bellatrix's wand. She stayed on the ground, shaking. Molly left us standing there. Lucius ran to us. He put his hands around his wife's shoulders and helped her to stand. He guided the three of us out of the school and away from the war. I noticed my brother standing triumphantly at the center of everything. I knew that it was over.

Alright, yes I had to leave this on a bit of a cliff hanger, sorry about that. This has taken me so long to write, I hope that you guys really enjoyed this chapter. Thank you all so much for three hundred  reads, it means so much to me. This is the longest story that I have ever written and planned to finish. School is starting soon and I'm going to be pretty busy these next few weeks, so I apologize in advance for not updating as much. Don't forget to vote if you're enjoying this, love you all. 

-Rose