« Chapter Five - Farewell »

Edited: 21/9/19

The day before, I had spent the entire day with Charlie and Bill. They played table jousting, much to the displeasure of Percy, not that it stopped them. We had a delicious dinner and took a walk through the garden before returning to the house for some much-needed rest so that the people who were leaving that morning wouldn't be tired.

• • •

I awoke the next morning with a spring in my step as I got showered and ready, padding down the stairs. I glanced at the clock, gasping softly when I realised how early it was.

What are you playing at body!? Huh!? Waking me up at this time you git!

I then decided I'd be a good adopted daughter and make breakfast for the clan. I hummed as I cooked, taking out my wand. Wordlessly, the pans and food flew out of the cupboards, already getting to work while I set the table.

I then put the kettle on and made tea for me and Mrs Weasley. I cast a heating charm on the full English breakfast and right on time Mrs Weasley pattered down the stairs, gasping at the sight of the set table.

"There's a cup of tea on the counter for you," I smiled, my voice soft and scratchy from the early morning.

"Oh dear, I thank Merlin every day for blessing Fred and George with such an amazing friend," she smiled and I chuckled.

"Don't you go getting any ideas Mrs Weasley," I joked.

"Dear, I've been planning to make you a Weasley from day one," I chuckled once more just as the other inhabitants of the house began to enter. All apart from one.

"Where is that boy?" Mrs Weasley questioned impatiently as we finished our breakfast.

"I'll go up and get him," I said, excusing myself and heading up to Bill and Charlie's room.

I entered the room Charlie was staying in only to see him lying face down, halfway hanging off of the bed. I rolled my eyes with a giggle as I bent down so we were face to face.

"Charlie," I whispered, poking his cheek as he swatted my hand away. I groaned but that groan soon turned into a smirk as I spotted the glass of water on his bedside table.

As my fingers wrapped around the glass, my smirk grew when I realised he had placed a cooling charm on the drink and once I stood up I dumped the contents of the glass straight onto his face.

He shot up off of the bed, glaring at me as I smiled innocently.

"Oops," I sprinted out of the room, Charlie close behind. I ran and ran until I got to the bottom of the stairs, where I tripped over one of Rontu's toys. Charlie took this as an opportunity and began to tickle me. I howled in laughter, tears streaming down my face.

"Charlie leave the poor girl alone," Mrs Weasley shouted.

He got up and extended his hand to me. I hesitantly took it and he hoisted me up. I brushed myself off and stuck my tongue out at him to which he copied my movements. He went and got his breakfast while everyone else was getting ready to go.

I gave Fred and George a hug and sent them on their way with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Percy, Bill and Arthur. I packed Charlie's stuff up as he was rushing around the house. He was about to run out the door when he stopped and turned to me with a smirk.

"Almost forgot something!" He smiled and walked over to me, gesturing to his cheek. I rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek. He grinned cheekily before waving and running out of the house.

"Idiot," I muttered with an amused smile.

•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

WOW, I ACTUALLY UPDATED! Surprise! Hah, I'm disappointed in myself! Anyway, hope you enjoyed it!