« Chapter Twenty Two - NEWTs »

Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts. HOW AM I MEANT TO THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS WHEN I'M GETTING BACK THE RESULTS FOR THE VERY THING THAT DECIDES MY ENTIRE FUTURE!? Okay- think about Tom Hiddleston...... ahhhh now I feel better.

I stared into space, my knee bouncing in anticipation, biting my nails as I tried to distract myself. I had taken my NEWTs and I honestly don't know what to think. Now that I'm getting them back, nervousness has took me over.

"Madison?" Someone snapped me out of my trance and I glanced up at the older witch.

"If you're ready- here you go," McGonagall spoke, handing me a letter much like the one I received when I was accepted into Hogwarts.

"Thank you," I stuttered, gently taking the letter in my hands. Oh god I hope I passed. I cracked the seal and opened the letter, removing the parchment inside. I hesitantly unfolded the paper and read over it.

Care of Magical Creatures 'O'
Divination 'A'
Potions 'E'
Defence Against The Dark Arts 'E'
Transfiguration 'O'
Astronomy 'O'

Tears formed in my eyes as I gasped- covering my mouth. A wide grin graced my mouth as I jumped up from my seat and bounced up and down in joy.

"I'm assuming you passed?" She chuckled and I nodded vigorously.

"I have to go tell the others!" I exclaimed- sprinting towards the great hall where I knew everybody would be for dinner. I stopped at the door and put on my best depressed face. I made my way over to the table where everyone sat and sighed.

"Hey guys," I said weakly- a sad smile on my face. Everyone's head snapped in my direction and Charlie immediately jumped from his seat.

"Aw Madison I'm so sorry," Hermione spoke genuinely.

"Me too- because yous will not get to bask in my glory for the rest of the year- I PASSED," my entire persona changed as I began to go giddy. My friends began to crowd around me- hugging me and congratulating me. Charlie gave me a soft smile and I grinned goofily back.

"I guess you're stuck with me," I smiled and me shook his head with a chuckle.

"I wouldn't have it any other way, love,"

It was leaving day, the other dragonologists had already transported the dragons back to the reserve so me and Charlie only needed to apparate to the reserve.

All my goodbyes had been very emotional, so much crying and hugging. Charlie had to practically pry me and the twins apart. I felt slightly guilty about leaving Harry but he assured me that he would be okay- not that I believed him. I even said goodbye to Snape, who was surprisingly nice which kind of shocked me but aw well.

So here I am, trunks in hand, ready to start my dream job, with Rontu rested on my shoulder. Charlie linked his arm through mine and with a flick of a wand- we disappeared, away from the place where I had met my best friends, where I'd pulled my first prank, where I'd dyed Snape's hair pink. Gone- poof.

The apparation made me dizzy and it took me a moment to regain my senses and when I did I couldn't help but gasp. We stood atop of a cliff, overlooking a valley which was crescent shaped but stretched for miles.

Hordes of dragons filled the area, Chinese fireballs, Ukrainian Ironbellys, Romanian long horn, you name it it's probably there. Atop of the cliff there was a big building along with many smaller buildings in a U shape, the opposite way of the cliff, so they were facing the valley.

The cabins, which I later learned were living quarters, some storage and an infirmary, were plain dark wood with some windows and a porch, stairs leading to the ground while the big building was more like a decking with a roof but no walls, only four large beams at each corner holding it up. Under it lay picnic benches where I presumed was where we ate.

As I was gawking at the views, Charlie had been talking to another Dragonologist- who's name I thought I heard was Nick.

"Good news, you're staying with me," he exclaimed and I chuckled at his excitement as he dragged me towards the cabin closest to the dining pavilion.

When we walked inside I was shocked at how homely it felt. As soon as you walk in you're faced with a staircase and to your left is the living room. A three seater sofa in front of lit fireplace and a four seater dining table behind it. As you walk further in you step into the kitchen which was a simple style, fridge, oven, sink and an island in the middle.

Upstairs there was a hallway with three doors, two on one side and one at the end. The one at the end being the bathroom and the two at the left being the bedrooms.

The bedrooms themselves were big enough, a double bed, window, wardrobe and a bedside table but Charlie's was littered with dragon books and clothing all over the floor which he smiled innocently at. Idiot.

"So how do you like it?" He asks and I grin.

"It's perfect, now help me unpack," I chucked.

"If course, your highness,"

When we had finished, all my clothes were hung up in the wardrobe, my shoes were neatly lined against the wall with their pair and my duvet cover lay perfect.

"You ready to meet everyone?" He asked excitedly and I scratched the back of my neck with a nervous smile

"As ready as I'll ever be,"

•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

I'm so so sorry this is bad but it's the best I could do with writers block- sorry I have failed you 😰😢😭