« Chapter Twenty Four - Babysitting »

"RISE AND SHINE, PRINCESS!" A loud shout startled me out of a very peaceful slumber. I groaned, my eyes squinted to help me adjust to the light as Charlie pulled open the curtains, the blinding sunlight engulfing my room.

"Go away," I grumbled, pulling my blanket over my head.

"It's your first day you can't be late, love!" He exclaimed and then it clicked in my head. It's my first day of being a Dragonologist! I practically pounced out of bed and was so excited that I almost didn't realise that he called me 'love'.

My face turned pink and I grabbed my clothes before sprinting to the bathroom. I got a quick shower before slipping on my clothes which consisted of a pair of dark denim shorts and a t-shirt. I dried my hair then pulled on my black combat boots, tying the laces tight before going to meet Charlie in the kitchen.

The smell hit me instantly and my mouth began to water, I turned the corner, walking past the living room and into the kitchen where Charlie was tending to the stove. He heard me coming and looked over his shoulder with a cheeky grin and I smiled and shook my head amusingly.

"Go sit down, it's almost ready," he said, going back to cooking and I complied, taking a seat at the table where a knife, fork and glass of water sat in front of me.

I guess Charlie got his mother's cooking skills, can't say the same for his brothers, I smiled to myself remembering when Fred and George had tried to help me cook chicken soup for Ginny when she was sick. It didn't end well but I managed to make time to make another bowl.

"Bon appetit," he spoke with a mock French accent and I chuckled as he set a plate in front of me filled with goodness. It was bacon, eggs, potato bread, soda bread and sausages. We ate in silence but my silence was due to me stuffing my face with his glorious cooking and his was trying not to laugh at me.

Only then did I notice the apron he wore, I laughed so hard I choked on a bit of bacon. He looked at me in confusion before glancing down at what I was staring at. The apron was white with the words 'kiss the cook' in cursive black letters. He looked at me with a sly smirk and tapped his lips.

"You must listen to the apron," he stated and I rolled my eyes.

"I am listening to the apron," I spoke, pecking him on the cheek before getting up and placing my dishes in the sink.

We washed our dishes using a charm before putting them away, opening the door and were immediately showered in Romania's bright morning sun. The heat seemingly soaked into my skin as I closed my eyes and smiled, breathing in deeply.

He led me towards steps that led down into the ginormous crescent shaped valley that spread farther than 100 acres.

"For your first day on the job Kal has a special job for you," he spoke with an excited glint in his eye.

"Okay," I narrowed my eyes suspiciously.

We made it to a clearing sheltered by trees, he led me into the middle and whistled loudly. I rose an eyebrow at him but he just smirked. I glanced around, waiting for something to happen but suddenly heard the sound of rapidly beating wings. I turned behind me and in a flash of red a baby dragon wrapped its tail around Charlie's arm and sat on his shoulder. It was gorgeous, the dragon itself had black scales with a tint of red where as the webbing of the wings was dark crimson.

I gasped audibly and covered my mouth, aw-ing. It then noticed me and lent its neck towards me, staring curiously at me with its large brownish- yellow eyes.

"Hello little guy," I cooed quietly, reaching out my palm and he sniffed it cautiously before taking a step closer to me. I reached my arm out so I was holding Charlie's bicep and allowed the young dragon to transfer itself from his shoulder to mine. He rubbed his cheek against mine while closing his eyes and I smiled, scratching under his chin.