« Chapter Twelve - Champions »

As we sat in the Great Hall awaiting Dumbledore to announce who the Champions are I felt anxiety run through me, many people I care about had entered and I don't know what I would do if something happened to any of them. My NEWT's aren't helping my anxiety either.

"Sit down, please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!" Dumbledore announced and I saw everyone sit in anticipation. Is everyone bloody crazy in this school?! Dumbledore approached the blue flame and it glowed bright crimson. A piece of parchment flew out and Dumbledore caught it with ease and squinted to read the name.

"The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor Krum!" He shouted and we all applauded but the Durmstrang crowd cheered the loudest. Krum got up from his seat with a proud smirk on his face and shook Dumbledores hand before going to the Champions meeting point. As soon as Krum disappeared out of sight another name appeared and once again Dumbledore caught it with ease.

"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour," The blonde beauty leapt from her seat and gracefully made her way towards Dumbledore before shaking his hand and disappearing down the same hallway Krum did. The Beauxbatons' girls' cheered and once again a name popped out of the Goblet.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory," my fellow students cheered as Cedric stood, all except me. Great another thing to worry about. Cedric followed after the last two and Dumbledore smiled

"Excellent! we now have our three champions! But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!"Everyone cheered, but the goblet glowed red once more and another name flew out. Dumbledore caught it and read...

"Harry Potter. Harry Potter?" Dumbledore announced and my heart stopped.

"No," I whispered and Harry froze in shock.

"Harry Potter!" He shouted once more and Hermione gave him a gentle push.

"Go on Harry. Harry for goodness sake." She spoke softly and Harry stood and took the name from Dumbledore. Many voices shouted hurtful things from the crowd

"He's a cheat! He's not even seventeen yet," I sent a fierce glare in the direction the voice came from and quickly stood. I ran towards the room where they all went and burst in just as Dumbledore grabbed Harry.

"Harry! Did you put your name in the goblet of fire?" he shouted and Harry remained as calm as he could.

"No, sir."

"Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?"

"No, sir."

"You're absolutely sure?"

"Yes, sir." I walked towards the group and Karkaroff attempted to stop me.

"You should not be here young lady," He spoke and just as I was going to snap at him and probably say a lot of things I would regret Dumbledore interrupted me.

"I would not try and stop her Karkaroff she is quite a stubborn one and she is Head Girl she has a right to know," Dumbledore spoke allowing me through and I shot a sly smirk to Karkaroff. I stood beside Harry and wrapped my arm around his shoulder to comfort the Fourth year.

"Well, of course, he is lying." Madam Maxime spoke. Watch who you're accusing big bertha.

"The hell he is. The goblet of fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object, only an exceptionally powerful conjurer could have hoodwinked it. Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth year." Mad-eye spoke strongly.

"You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought Mad-Eye." Tall boy spoke and Madeye glared at him.

"It was once my job to think as dark wizards do Karkaroff perhaps you remember?" ooooh I smell drama, shut up Madison.

"That doesn't help Alastor. Leave this to you Barty." Dumbledore spoke wisely.

"The rules are absolute, the goblet of fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Mr Potter has no choice, he is as of tonight... a tri-wizards' champion."

"WHAT?!"