« Chapter Eleven - You're Sick »

"Alastor Moody," The new teacher spoke as he wrote his name on the board. I was a little under the weather because I missed my friends and seen as I'm not in the same year as pretty much anyone except Cedric and Oliver.

"Ministry malcontent. And your new defence against the dark arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions? When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?"

"Three sir," Cedric Diggory spoke from his spot in the desk in front of me.

"And they are so named?"

"Because they are unforgivable, Sir,"

"And Will earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban. Correct. Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against, you need to be prepared," moody growled and I narrowed my eyes at him. There's something suspicious about him.

"So, which curse shall we see first? Davies,"

"Yes," I spoke quietly and hesitantly.

"Give us a curse,"

"The imperious curse," I spoke quietly, fidgeting with my hands.

"Ahhh yes, you would know all about that," Moody gave me a sly smirk and I struggled not to punch him in the face. When You-know-who attacked the first time, my mother and father, being pureblood's were expected by You-know-who to join his side, but they refused to he put my mother under the imperious curse so he would have leeway on my father. Moody limped over to a desk and opened a jar, pulling out a rather odd looking spider.

"Hello. What a little beauty," he said creepily as he whispered the curse and used his want to send it around class.

"Don't worry. She's Completely harmless.,But if she bites... she's lethal!" He spoke, he made it go on peoples faces, on hands, on desks etc.

"Talented isn't she? What shall I have
her do next? Jump out the window? Drown
herself?" He said sinisterly as he held the poor spider over a bucket of water. It wriggled and I found myself feeling sorry for the creature. It was innocent it never did anything to Moody.

"Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only do did you-know-whose bidding under the influence of the imperious curse. But here's the rub, how do we sort out the liars? Another.. another.. Come on come on. Wood is it? Up." Oliver stood up and instantly regrets what he said next.

"There's the um... The cruciatus curse." He spoke hesitantly, his accent thick.

"Correct! Correct! You can sit down . Particularly nasty. The torture curse," he said as he set the spider on my desk. He once again whispered the curse and the spider squealed in pain. My body began to tremble as I stood stone faced refusing to look at the creature. Tears welled up in my eyes but none escaped. He finally stopped and looked up at me.

"Perhaps you could give us the last unforgivable curse Miss Davies," he said and I remained stone faced, shaking my head. He lifted his wand and whispered the last curse. I watched as the spider disintegrated and kept myself from using the same spell on him.

"The killing curse. Only one person is known to have survived it. He gets too much praise if you ask me. Makes his head too big." Moody insulted and some of the Slytherin in the room laughed, agreeing with him.

"You leave Harry's name out of your mouth," I growled, my blood boiling.

"Madison," Oliver whispered in warning as Moody limped over to me and stood in front of my desk, trying to seem strong and intimidating.

"Too bad the spider didn't have as much luck as he did,"

"You're sick," I spat, standing up from my desk, not intimidated at all as we glared at each other. I gathered up my books and without a single glance towards him, walked straight out of the classroom.

———————————

Oh my god I actually updated for once!! Be proud of me😂😂