Chapter 5: Service

A picture of Ryoma ^

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the pictures I use for this story.

---

Slouching in her chair, Ace idly watched as Faith and Akia joked around, laughing at each other's poorly made jokes. She smiled at her new friends, feeling a bit of warmth spread through her heart, happy to have been lucky enough to make friends on the first day of her transfer.

The girls had their things scattered around a small table the three of them shared in the back room of Mr. Ken's classroom.

Mr. Ken seemed like a nice, hip man who taught chemistry and biology students to sophomores and freshmen. Ace got the impression that he loved his job and constantly strived to make his classes interesting.

This was the last class of the day- service- and there wasn't anything to do at the moment. As Ace lazily sketched some imaginary creatures in her sketchbook, she felt a presence enter the back room. Looking back at the door, she saw Mr. Ken himself. He was wearing his usual attire along with a lab coat.

"Hey girls, could you do me a favor?" He asked.

"Yes!" Akia chirped, running towards him as she awaited his request. Faith sniggered and made eye contact with Ace, who coughed ever so slightly. Apparently, Akia was only eager to help out because she declared that Mr. Ken was that one hot teacher at school.

"Yeah, what do you need help with?" Faith asked, pushing herself off of the table that she had sat on.

Mr. Ken smirked at the two of them. "I need all the beakers cleaned off and some chemicals labeled. There's going to be a lab next week."

Ace's friends sighed inwardly, sour about cleaning the ton of beakers that littered over the counters beside the sinks. "Ace, I know it's your first day but you're not getting out of this one." Faith pointed a finger at the girl who dug his nose into her sketchbook, pretending not to notice the exchange that was currently occurring.

"Fine." She mumbled before standing up and closing her sketchbook. She absentmindedly brushed her fingers along her leather-bound watch.

"Actually, Ace, I need you to deliver this summons." Mr. Ken countered, holding out a few slips of small paper that had student names and their schedules written on them. "I think this would be a good opportunity for you to walk around the school and familiarize yourself more with the buildings, along with meeting a few teachers."

"Hah! No cleaning for me!" Ace laughed, grinning as she was assigned something else to do.

Fuming, her friends grunted. "That's not fair!"

Akia slowly gazed from the female to her sketchbook. "We're looking through that once we're done." She stated, an assured smile creeping onto her lips. "I want to know if you have sketches of hunky men and defined abs."

Stunned at the claim, Ace defensively grabbed her sketchbook. "No! Where'd you get that idea from?"

Akia giggled. "Fine, I take that back, but we're still looking through that once we're done cleaning. I wanna see what you draw!"

Mr. Ken sighed, a wide smile on his lips as he handed the slips of paper to Ace. "You girls are so strange." He commented, before walking out of the backroom, leading Faith and Akia to their impending chores.

Sketchbook hugged to her chest, the female looked at the three slips of paper that had been handed to her. Walking out of the room, she refused to leave her sketchbook behind and vulnerable to her friends' eyes. She just didn't like showing her drawings to people, partially because her drawing skills leveled equivalent to that of a toddler. And that's why I'm taking drawing.. To improve my dreadful skills.