Chapter 20: Fun & Games

Ace listened intently to the boys as they explained some concepts she needed to touch up on, taking notes as if she deemed it as necessary. She was grateful the males had loads of patience with her, making sure she understood everything that was being said.

It had been around twenty minutes when a loud crash had emitted from outside the room, making the girl jump in surprise.

She stood up, walking to the doorway and peeking out.

Raiden sighed and followed her, walking out of the room to check on the situation. Allian followed suit.

Letting her eyes roam around the hallway, she spotted three bickering males standing beside a small drawer, looking down at a broken ceramic vase that had shattered into hundreds of small shards.

"Great. Another broken jar. The number just keeps piling up." Kai sighed, walking to a closet nearby and grabbing some cleaning supplies.

"I'm telling you, it's not my fault." Ryoma crossed his arms, a scowl spread across his face. "Evan bumped into me and I stumbled, alright?"

"What? That's why you don't just stop suddenly in the middle of the hallway!" The small boy complained, his grey eyes narrowed in anger.

The golden-eyed male stooped down, brushing the pieces of ceramics into a dustpan. "Guys, I'm getting tired of you two breaking things. I always have to clean up after your mess."

"I thought I told you guys to be more aware of your surroundings." Raiden sighed, walking over to help the brown-haired boy.

As the girl watched in silence, unsure of how she could be of assistance. A small nudge to her arm brought her attention to the blonde standing beside her.

"Sorry you had to see this, Ace. It happens quite often around here." Allian frowned.

The female shook her head. "Oh, it's fine. Things happen, I understand." She smiled.

Looking around, she spotted a trash can and walked to it, grabbing it by the rim and bringing it over for the boys to dispose the shards in.

The charming male smiled. "Thanks Ace, you're such a sweetheart."

Evan gave the male a discreet glare, turning around and promptly leaving the scene.

The girl watched as the boy left, confusion clouding her mind. She quickly shook it off and turned her attention back to helping the guys clear the hazard.

Once clear, she picked up the bin and stood up. "Where're the dumpsters?"

Kai quickly grabbed the trash bin away from her. "Ace, you don't need to do that. I'll take care of it. Thank you for your help."

The girl watched as he walked out of the hallway and disappeared as he turned a corner.

"Come on, let's go." Allian tugged at her hand, wanting to lead her back into the vacant room.

Frowning, the girl obliged hesitantly. "I don't want to go back to tutoring.." She muttered.

Before the blonde could respond, Ryoma cut in. "Then you don't have to continue tutoring. After all, Kai told me that Raiden and Allian made you come to tutoring."

The two males glared at Ryoma, making him smirk.

The girl smiled, seeing this as her opportunity to get out of this. "Guys, I appreciate you wanting to help me, but I think I'm fine for now." She tilted her head in consideration. "I'll ask you for help whenever I need it, okay?"

The two males sighed, nodding in consent, unaware of the triumphant smile that reached the red-eyed male's lips.

"Then, what would you like to do? You can't just leave so suddenly, you arrived here less than an hour ago." Raiden asked.