Chapter 6: The Park

A picture of Kai ^

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the pictures I use for this story.

---

The female was momentarily paralyzed before she quickly knelt down, picking up all the materials she accidentally knocked down. "I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings!"

The person she knocked into knelt down beside her, helping her pick up his possessions as well. "It's all well. No harm done, don't worry."

With a pile of books and paper in her hands, she gingerly stood up and returned the objects to the brown haired male.

He smiled at her, taking the things out of her hands. "Thanks. I'm Kai, nice to meet you."

It took the female a moment to recall seeing him as one of the males in that group of five she saw walking by the grassfield. "I'm Ace. Nice to meet you as well. Again, I'm really sorry I bumped into you."

He lightly chuckled. "It's alright."

Ace wondered what he was doing, carrying so many books around. "Why are you carrying around so much stuff? It looks like that's a lot of weight. I could help you carry some things if you'd like."

The boy seemed a bit startled from her sudden offer. "Oh no, it's fine. I just need to catch up on some of my studies."

The female nodded at his words. "Alright. I guess I'll see you again, maybe?"

"Yeah, definitely." He responded with a gentle smile.

The two took their footsteps in their intended direction, only to stiffen at their awkward movements. "Oh you're heading this way too?" Ace asked, feeling a bit of heat rising to her cheeks.

"Yeah." Kai laughed.

The teens continued walking in the same direction, towards the gate of the school.

"I'm heading to the cafe just across the park. I need to meet with some people." Kai brought up, starting a conversation.

The female smiled at his words. "To get home I go through the park."

"Oh really?" Kai glanced at her, a small glint in his golden eyes. "Then you must walk through here a lot."

Ace shook her head. "Well, I suppose I'll be walking through here a lot. I just transferred schools today."

He raised an eyebrow in interest. "Oh really? How are you liking it here so far?"

Ace shrugged. "It's alright I guess. Had a few strange encounters but that's alright."

"Strange encounters?"

"Yeah. It's just with some people that I've met today."

"Ah, I see. Maybe I know these people?"

Ace looked at him for a moment. "Um.. I met five people today. Six, counting you. Allian, Raiden, Ryoma,  Akia, and Faith."

Kai smiled. "So you've met most of the guys I spend time with."

"There's more?"

"Yes, one more. With your luck, I'm sure you'll meet him soon."

Curiously, Ace put a finger to her chin thoughtfully. "Who's the other one I haven't met?"

Kai adjusted the bag on his shoulders. "His name is Evan. He's very shy and loves music. I'm sure you'll find out more about him when you meet him."

Ace smirked. "But what if I don't get to meet him?"

He shrugged. "Then I'll introduce you to him if you'd like."