Chapter 40: First-Aid Kit

Reaching for the medical box, Ace grabbed it and pulled it closer to her.

The blood from her wrist was beginning to dribble down her arm. She could still feel the excruciating pressure Kai had applied onto her wrist just a few minutes ago. It felt as though he could have easily snapped her wrist if he wanted to.. 

She shuddered at the thought.

Pushing the transparent lid off, her eyes searched the first aid box for anything that could be used to serve her needs.

She found a small napkin container and pulled one out, wiping the blood off of her arm.

She frowned as she carefully moved the cuff off of the wound, cleaning the blood off of it as well. Looking through the box, she spotted crepe roll bandages as well as cleansing wipes and antiseptic cream.

After she treated her wound, she stared at the roll bandages.

I could..

She pulled out a longer strip, wrapping it a couple times around her affected wrist, as well as covering a few extra inches along her skin. She tested the cuff, pulling her wrist against it. She smiled in satisfaction.

If she were to end up yanking her wrist, the metal couldn't cut into her skin. The bandages would act as a barrier and protect her flesh.

Placing the wrap bandage back into the first aid kit, she suddenly felt intrigued.

What can I find in a first aid box?

She picked up each and every item out of the container slowly, pondering over each item.

More bandages of different sizes, disposable sterile gloves, a thermometer, rash cream, painkillers, ...safety pins and a pair of tweezers.

She stared at the items, her lips parting in surprise.

She began to dig through the rest of the box.

Sticky tape, distilled water, ..scissors.

There were still quite a bit of items left in the box, but they wouldn't serve her any purpose. Putting everything but the safety pins, tweezers, and scissors back into the box, she closed the lid and put it back on the nightstand.

There was a knock on the door. "Ace, can I come in?"

The girl immediately tensed up, quickly picking up a small pillow and shoving the objects into its pillowcase.

She put the pillow back down into its original space and leaned against the headboard. "Yeah."

The door opened, revealing Allian. He walked into the room, a plate and a bottle of water in his hands. "Is that a first aid kit?" He questioned, his eyes wide. He quickly ran over to her, placing the platter and the bottle onto the nightstand beside the box. Turning towards her, he climbed onto the bed, his eyes scanning over her. "Your wrist! Are you hurt?"

The blonde quickly took hold of her arm, observing the bandages that wrapped around her wrist. "Did someone.. hurt you?" His blue eyes darkened.

Feeling a sense of dread, Ace quickly pulled her arm out of his grasp. "No." She smiled, hoping he would buy her lies. "I.. pulled against the cuff too much, so my wrist was beginning to swell. Kai was kind enough to give me a first aid kit when he saw it."

Allian narrowed his eyes. "He didn't treat it for you?"

Ace shook her head. "He was going to treat it for me, but I wanted to be left alone."

"I see." He frowned. "Are you hurt anywhere else?"

"No."

"Okay." He slowly got off of the bed. "Well, it's lunchtime. Please eat." He gestured to the food that sat on the nightstand.