Epilogue

"You look beautiful!"

The girl scoffed, turning away from the full-length mirror that was perched in her room. Her eyes met her aunt, who was sitting on her bed.

"Thanks, but... I feel so uncomfortable wearing this." She muttered, pulling at the fabric that adorned her body. The simple black, elegant dress with a white lacing hugged her body's curves from the waist up, falling to a lovely flow of skirts from below the waist ribbon. It reached her ankles.

The fact that it was a one-shoulder dress made her feel painfully awkward, as her left shoulder was exposed to open air. The slit by the side of the skirt also exposed the lower part of her thigh.

"But you look like a goddess." The woman said, picking up her cane and slowly walking to her. "You need to dress to impress! This is your chance to get a high paying job!"

As her aunt began fixing her hair, she sighed. "I know I graduated college two months ago, but I still want some time to myself before I begin working."

"Honey, please." He aunt said, frowning. "I know you don't want to begin working, but this is an opportunity that you have to take! The CEO and his associates of one of the biggest, most successful companies have sent you an email! They're considering hiring you! All that they want is to share a dinner with you and discuss your qualifications."

She scoffed. "What can they possibly see in a college graduate compared to other people with actual experience? All I got is an internship and volunteering experience."

The woman shrugged. "I don't know how their business works, but at least give them a chance. If you don't get hired, then at least you'll experience how it is with people of high status. And besides, your father is the CEO's manager. He must have brought up the topic of having a daughter and how he'd love if you'll be able to get a job working at the same company he works in."

"Yeah, yeah." The girl muttered. "Dad's still in another state, though.."

Her aunt glanced at the clock. "You won't be meeting the CEO and his associates alone! Your father's trusty advisor will be there with you! Doesn't that make things so much better for you?"

Ace sighed. "Yeah.. I've met him before. Okay. I'll try making a good impression."

"That's my niece!" Her aunt grinned.

Her phone suddenly began buzzing, its loud vibrations filling the girl's ears. Walking over to her table on unsteady feet in high heels, she glanced at the screen before picking it up.

"Hey! Are you ready?!" An excited voice beamed.

Ace cringed. "Yeah.. I guess. Are you here?"

"Yep. Arrived a few seconds ago."

"Alright. I'll be out the door in a minute." Ace said, grabbing a formal jacket and heading out of her room. Her aunt followed her. "Again, thank you so much for giving me a ride, Lyra."

"I'm happy to help my best friend who's going to land a job tonight. See ya!" The call ended.

Ace glanced back at her aunt before giving her a hug. "It's time to go."

"Good luck, dear." The woman said, returning the hug.

"Heh. So my niece is gonna be making it big in the world."

The girl released her aunt's hug, her eyes landing on her uncle who stood leaning against a wall with his arms crossed. He gave her a proud smile.

"Hah!" She grinned. "Hopefully I do, Uncle."

"Alright, I don't want to hold you here any longer." He said, nodding. "I know you'll do great."

"Thanks!" She said, opening the door. With one last wave to both her aunt and her uncle, she quickly walked over to Lyra's car who was parked in front of the house.