Chapter 10: Bullies

For the entirety of the class, the students worked on their independent textbook work silently, focusing on getting as much work done as possible to minimize their homework.

When the sound of the bell that signified that school was over for the day rang, the students immediately begun packing up their things, ready to head home.

As Ace stuffed papers inside her backpack, she turned her attention to the boy that had called her name. "Yeah?"

Kai gave her a curious look. "Are you gonna walk home today?" His hand clutched his phone, anxiously waiting for her reply.

The female slung her backpack over her shoulder. "Yeah, I am. But I gotta grab a textbook from my locker first."

Kai felt a bit of happiness boil in his chest. "I was wondering if I could walk with you. There's apparently a new cafe that opened up down the block, right after you exit the park. Would you like to go with me?"

His heart sunk as the girl gave him a contrite look. "I'm really sorry, I can't today. My Aunt and I are baking cupcakes today and I don't want to keep her waiting. Maybe next time?"

Kai forced a smile onto his lips. "Yeah, of course." He glanced at the clock, putting his phone back in his pocket. "Where's your locker? If it's along the path I take, I'll walk with you there."

"It's in Building 3." She sighed. "Across the campus."

The male shot her a sympathetic look. "Alright, I'll walk with you. The guys should be waiting for me besides the water fountain."

Ace nodded, smiling at the temporary company the male would be providing her with. As the teens walked out of the classroom and out of the building their class resided in, they made their way to the midpoint of the campus- the water fountain.

"What classes are you taking?" The girl wondered.

Kai set his hand onto the black bag that hung by his side, thoughtfully considering her question. "All of the general ed stuff. I think the only class that I really like is photography."

"Yeah, it's nice that this school offers art classes of different mediums, or so I heard." The girl smiled. She then glanced at the water fountain that had come into view. Sure enough, four boys lingered around it, impatiently waiting for their friend.

As the two teens came closer to the waiting males, they noticed the female's presence, perking up at her appearance.

From the side, they heard an angry voice. "Where's that homework I told you to do for me? It's due tomorrow. I told you yesterday to finish it for me."

The six teens glanced over in the direction of the voice, taking notice of a rather large boy shoving a smaller boy to the ground, holding him by the collar of his shirt.

"I told you, I don't-"

"Shut up." The larger male snarled, tightening his grip on his victim's shirt. "I told you to finish it for me yesterday, and you're telling me you don't have it? Do I have to beat the shit out of you to teach you a lesson?"

The males frowned at the situation, unsure of what to do. Ryoma raised an eyebrow and stood up and proceeding to confront the situation before he was interrupted by an infuriated voice directed at the large male.

"Hey! What the heck do you think you're doing?" Ace stormed off towards the large boy, annoyance lining her voice. "Seriously, what's with all the bullies in this school?!"

The gruff male ignored her, his focus remaining on the poor boy underneath him. His head was suddenly pulled back by the joint of the female's arm, feeling the girl's other hand push at behind his head. She locked her arms together, securing her lock as the boy struggled to free himself from her grasp.