Chapter 53: Collapse

"So, Ace. Which do you prefer?"

Walking into the house, she slipped off her shoes and glanced at Raiden as he laid out her options.

"Return to your cuffs, or be free from your cuffs?"

She scoffed, taking a few steps into the living room. "..You're actually giving me an option even knowing that I hate your guts for killing Faith and Akia?"

Though she carried herself with a strong demeanor, she was crushed on the inside.

The guys scattered around the living room, taking their seats on the couch. Ace, herself, took a seat on the armchair, refusing to sit next to anyone.

Raiden rested his ankle atop his knee, gazing at her with great interest. "You're so fascinating, Ace. Just yesterday, you seemed completely broken. And now? Being sarcastic and blatantly expressing your emotions."

"Is everyone just a test subject to you?" She sighed.

The guys looked at him intently, awaiting his answer.

"Everyone that I spend time with will inevitably find themselves becoming a test subject indirectly." He said. "I've spent too long observing people. It's become too difficult for me to ignore details now."

She scoffed at him, taking a glance at the clock that hung on the wall.

4:21 pm

Kai let out a sigh, taking his camera out of its casing and scrolled through his pictures absentmindedly. "I feel as if you've made me a test subject directly."

Raiden rose an eyebrow. "Because I gave you that bracelet?"

Evan shifted in his seat, getting out of his seat. "I'll be in my room." He said, leaving the living room.

Ryoma mimicked his friend. "I'm heading to my room as well."

Ace's eyes followed them curiously until they disappeared from sight.

"Yeah." Kai answered, taking a glance at the metal chains adorning his wrist. "Even when you know I have anger issues."

Allian frowned, getting out of his seat and toward the kitchen.

The girl couldn't help but feel confused. But nonetheless, she decided to stick around and listen to their conversation.

"I've told you before." Raiden said, leaning back in his seat. "I want to see what you do with it."

Kai rose an eyebrow. "So even if I end up stabbing you, you'll still be happy you gave me this?"

Ace drew in a sharp breath, remembering the time Kai pulled a knife on her. It was as though she could feel the ghost of steel trailing against her throat. Without thinking, she lifted her fingers and brushed against the skin lightly.

The brunet bit his lip, regretting what he had said. "I'm sorry.."

She nodded slightly, slowly standing up. "I'll.. be in the backyard."

"Are you planning on escaping again?" Raiden asked, narrowing his eyes.

The girl sighed. "No. Even I wouldn't be stupid enough to try in broad daylight with all of you awake."

The male chuckled. "Good."

The two watched as Ace slid open the backyard door and walked outside, putting on a pair of slippers. Raiden glanced at Kai, a smile on his lips. "How did it feel, holding a knife to her throat?"

Kai scowled at him, standing up and walking toward the stairs. He suddenly paused, looking back at him. "It's one of the biggest mistakes  I regret in my life."