Chapter 23: Technology & Phones

"Hey, guys! What took you so long?"

Slipping off the sandals she borrowed, Ace walked into the room with Ryoma by her side. "We just had a little conversation." She shrugged.

Sitting down on the couch, she brought her gaze up to the TV. The boys were still playing Castle Bashers, but they weren't fighting each other this time. They were progressing the storyline.

Ryoma plopped onto the seat next to the girl, taking a bite from his cupcake.

A moment later, she felt her phone buzz in her pocket.

Reaching for it, she pulled it out and unlocked the phone.

Lyra: Hey Ace! Whatcha doin?

A few cupcakes sitting on the coffee table caught the girl's attention. She rotated her phone around and took a quick picture of the desserts.

She smirked, sending the picture to Lyra.

Lyra: You made cupcakes again?!

Lyra: I wish I could have one so badly ;-;

Lyra: Wait...

Lyra: Is that Castle Bashers in the background?

Ace: Yeah.

Lyra: NO WAY

Lyra: YOU'RE PLAYING WITHOUT ME??

Ace scoffed, making the black-haired male sitting beside her look at her questionably.

Ace: Nah, I'm not playing.

Lyra: ?

Ace: I'm at a friends' house.

Ace: It would seem that they really like this game. And scary movies and tabletop board games.

Lyra: ;-;

Lyra: Damn I wish I was there

Lyra: It's my lifelong dream to play one of those tabletop games!

Lyra: But nobody I know is interested in this type of stuff. Sad.

Ace chuckled slightly.

Ace: I know what you mean.

Ace: It was my first time playing too.

Lyra: You're so lucky

Ace: If you visit me someday, then I'll-

Her phone was suddenly snatched away.

Staring at the male in surprise, she began reaching for it, only to have him further bring it out of her reach.

"No, no, no. This generation is all about smartphones and technology." Raiden hummed as he held it out of her reach. He smirked at her.

"I was using that!" She cried out, desperately reaching for it.

"What is it that you've found so interesting, Ace?" He rose an eyebrow, amused.

"I was texting a friend!" The girl stood up and walked over to the other side where he was holding the phone, only for him to switch it to his other hand and away from her.

"Ace?"

"Yeah?" She turned around, seeing that Allian had puppy-eyes. "D-do you.. Find your phone more interesting than me?"

"And me?" Evan asked softly.

"And me?" Kai added.

"Woah- what?" She looked at them frantically. "That's not it at all!"