Chapter 16: Moved

Ace fiddled absentmindedly with her watch, her feet kicked back and resting upon a table as she listened to Faith and Akia's normal gossip. Everything had gone back to normal and they no longer talked about bullies.

"I'm telling you to give Ethan a chance! The poor boy's been rejected by you multiple times and still has the willpower to continue! That just proves how determined he is. It's perfect!" Akia complained while Faith scowled.

"No. There's a reason why he's been rejected so much." The blonde reasoned.

"But-!"

"Hey, Ace. I've got some news for ya." Mr. Ken walked into the backroom.

The female retracted her feet off of the table. "What's up, Mr. K?" Faith and Akia paused their conversation to questioningly glance at the teacher.

"Well, it's not exactly great news." He stated, a frown adorning his facial expression. He handed the girl a slip of paper.

Tentatively taking it out of his hands, Ace stared at her schedule- a class had been highlighted in yellow. "Wait- what?"

She frowned as she stared at the highlighted words.

4th Period: Service- Mr. Sabri

"Yeah." Mr. Ken sighed. "Administration thought it would be for the best to balance out some classes. Apparently, there had been a mistake with your schedule. They deemed that three service students in a single class period is too much."

The female blinked. "So, they've decided to move me out of this class and have service for another teacher."

"What?! No!" Akia cried out, running to the girl and encasing her with her arms. "You can't leave us! But everything was just so perfect with you here with us!"

The female gently placed her hand on top of the brown-haired girl's head.

"Unfortunately, that seems to be the case." The teacher shook his head in disapproval. "I'm sorry, Ace. I can't do anything about it."

"I understand." Ace sighed. "Should I get going?"

Mr. Ken solemnly nodded his head. "Yeah. Even though there is around thirty minutes left of class, Mr. Sabri's been informed of the circumstances and is expecting you."

The female dropped her hand off of Akia's head and her friend sadly retracted her arms away from the girl. Faith watched with a frown.

Picking up her things, Ace forced a small smile. "Well, it's been an honor serving you, Mr. K. I've only had you for one full day and I enjoyed being here. I'll come by and visit if I could."

Her teacher nodded, smiling in return. "I'll see you later, Ace."

The female gave a small wave to her disheartened friends. "See you guys later." As she headed out of the backroom, she waved at Mr. Ken one last time before exiting the classroom.

The girl frowned as she walked through the hallways, her shoes clacking against the floor, already wishing to be back with her friends. When she looked up, she saw a girl with long black hair standing still, seemingly waiting for her.

As she approached, the girl spoke. "So.. you're Ace, right?"

Startled, the girl frowned. "Yes..? Can I help you?"

"No." The girl answered. "I just heard about this new transfer student and I wanted to have a chat with her."

Ace stared at her blankly. "Okay? I sorta gotta get to class though."

"Whatever. First thing's first, I don't understand why the guys are willing to hang out with someone like you- Too much ego and eager to get into fights."