매일같이 영화 속에서나

"who's that?"

"the fucking second male lead." i say to my best friend as i shovel popcorn into my mouth. i keep my eyes fixed on the screen where the love triangle is caught up in an argument.

it was already dark out, the light from the computer illuminating my face and the bowl of popcorn. i had decided to have a marathon of two of my favorite dramas when she had showed up without warning. so i had decided to just watch them with her.

she wasn't a kdrama person.

"this is boring." she said, pulling the blanket over her head a bit more.

"dude this is the climax! how can you even say that?"

"the subtitles are going too fast." she stated bluntly. "i don't know what's going on. i don't even know their names!"

"how have you not caught on yet? mi-an, this is the seventh episode!" i say, finally tearing my eyes from the screen.

"well sorry, miss 'my first language was korean,' but i'm not as fast of a reader as you are!"

"excuse me, i can barely understand english, but i turned on the subtitles for you anywa— wait..." i hear suspicious noises and slowly look back at the laptop. "are you serious? no, you're supposed to be with minhyuk!" i shout at the main character, who was kissing the second male lead passionately on screen. i threw popcorn at them.

"wah, their kiss looks so intimate." mi-an states, eyes wide. "even if i can't understand anything, they're way better than the actors on disney channel."

"yeah, i think they confirmed they were dating after the shooting for the drama ended. it was all real." i sighed. "i wish i had a guy who liked me."

she scoffs. "you've got guys literally falling at your feet every day. what are you even talking about?"

i pouted. "but no one sends me love letters."

"have you even seen our locker? it's so covered in paper hearts that you can't even tell it's there anymore! you don't even know how much time i take every day just to single handedly remove every singl—"

"ok, ok. now shhh. this is the best part." i cut her off, pushing a handful of popcorn into her mouth.

"mph." mi-an frowned but obeyed and looked at the screen once more.

-
every day i felt love only in the movies