Coffee

Harold's, a place run into the ground. Sabrina thought as we walking into the little lobby. There was no one in the office to her left so Sabrina went on her way to find apartment 14. Ten minutes later she found Puck's apartment. She found herself just standing there in the hallway, not knocking, just standing there. Was this the right choice? Is there  anyway this will backfire? There are tons of ways this could back fire on her, the town, and Nick. Nick especially. No, I need to do this. She found her hand reaching up and knocking. Her breath caught when Puck opening the door, his hair brushed neatly into a slight curl on his head, his eyes sparkled in the morning light that was coming from a window, and his smile, his smile gleamed.
"Hey Sabrina!" he said enthusiastically "Come on inside." Sabrina slightly smile still looking at him and getting caught in his eyes. As Sabrina looked around she saw that Puck had a fair clean apartment, unlike his bedroom when they were children. The room was smaller, he and a small living room in front of a TV. Next to the living room, was a small kitchen. It had a fridge, oven, microwave, and a coffee machine. She could smell the familiar aroma of the coffee brewing in the machine.
"So, Sabrina, how do you like your coffee? Black? Creme and Sugar?" Sabrina met Pucks gaze, his eyes still twinkling in the light.
"Black. I like a strong, hard, bitter coffee." Something that didn't remind her of her Granny's coffee which was sweet. Granny had left her cottage to Sabrina when she left to find more adventures outside of Ferryport Landing. She left with Mr. Canis. She hasn't seen them in 5 years and after yesterday with Puck standing on her doorsteps she half expected Granny to show up next.  
"You used to like sweet coffee with creme and sugar. What happened?" Puck said while pouring her coffee into a small mug.
"Granny happened." Sabrina said blandly almost hoping he would ask for more details, but somewhere inside her she didn't want him to. But that part of her was too deep to come out right now.
As Puck hands Sabrina her coffee he asks with a questioning look in his eye, "What do you means 'Granny happened'?" Sabrina bites her lip and twiddles her thumbs avoiding eye contact with Puck. Sabrina already knows that if she makes eye contact with Puck's sparkling eyes, she'll break and then there wouldn't be any mystery. But Sabrina couldn't help herself and made eye contact. She broke.
"Granny left two years after you, saying something about the town becoming boring and going to find adventure. She hasn't made contact since. She left me the house. If you want to live there instead of the crappy place feel free the key is where it always is." Puck looked shocked. The sparkle left his eye and started walking toward the small couch in the living room. Sabrina followed him and sat down on the couch next to him. Puck seemed to still be in shock, he took a sip of coffee and stared at the blank TV.
"Granny left?" he asked still in shock. "Wow. I mean wow. Obviously you took it hard based upon your change in coffee flavors." he laughed, slightly. He was trying to lighten the mood, but when Sabrina just sat there silently he tried to change the subject. "So the town seems at peace, every outsider including your husband seems at peace, but you, you don't. Now why is that?" Sabrina's heart raced.
"I'm the only Grimm left in town. I protect it from the things we had to go through in our childhood. Sheriff Hamstead calls me when we have a magical problem but since Granny and most of the Everafter's left, the magical problems have slowed to a stop. The Outsiders slowly took over the town only a few Everafter's are left. Hamstead, Snow, Charming, Seven, even Goldie stood around. Now you too." Sabrina took a breathe looking over at Puck seeing what his reaction is. Puck slowly drinks his coffee as he digests the info and his coffee. "I guess you could consider me and Everafter too, you know, after the hall of mirrors incident." Puck chuckled.
"That wasn't so much of an incident then an all out war."   
"True that." Both Sabrina and Puck were all out laughing so hard. rocking back and forth on the couch until then slow down and find each other staring at the other.
"Oh how I have missed you Sabrina." Puck whispered so softly he didn't think Sabrina would hear.
"Puck we can't do this." Sabrina said just as soft
"Do what?"
"You know exactly what Puck. You left me to go travel the world with my Uncle. That was almost a decade ago. It's been seven years, seven years since you left what we had! You left me at my doorstep crying because you said you had to go. You had to leave what we had. You left me! Don't you know how much that hurts! Don't you!"