Memory Lane

Sabrina walked in the front door and found Nick sitting down in the living room with none other than Daphne.

"Daphne," Sabrina exclaimed, "what are you doing here?" Sabrina slowly walked into the room, looking at Nick with a question in her eyes.

"Hey Sabrina, Nick invited me over." Sabrina took a glace at Nick.

"Oh cool." Sabrina said calmly even though her heart was beating out of her chest. She was positive they could here it."How long have you been her?"

"Oh no, more than twenty minutes I'd say. Is that about right Nick?"

"Yeah, that seems right." Nick said quietly almost like he's lost in thought.

"Well Daphne, are you saying for dinner?" Sabrina asked, trying to be friendly but, hoping she said no deep down.

"I'd assume so, I am your one and only sister. We have a lot to catch up on."

"Yes, Yes we do."

For the next hour Daphne told Nick and Sabrina about her job in NYC as a police detective. As dinner time approached, Sabrina decide to cook some simple spaghetti, after last nights sour chicken. The spaghetti didn't take too long so Nick and Daphne came in sat right down and started eating. All was fine until Nick started asking questions.

"So Daphne, Sabrina never seems to want to talk about her childhood would you know why that is?" Daphne looked over at Sabrina really quick almost saying 'What should I say?' Daphne knew that Nick didn't know about the events of our past for a reason.

"Oh, our childhood was never really that interesting." Daphne said calmly. "The only interesting thing that happened was going to live with our grandma." Daphne coolly brushed off living with our grandma like it was no big deal.

"Really? It seems that both of you are hiding something. Especially since I met your roommate the other day." Daphne expression didn't change but her posture said everything. She was in surprise, yet in disbelief.

"Roommate? My roommate was Sabrina."

"No, not Sabrina. The other one. I believe his name was Puck. He was kind of an odd fellow." Daphne practically spit out her spaghetti when she heard his name. Daphne was wide eyed and looking at Sabrina. Disbelief was in her eyes she looked back and forth from Sabrina to Nick and back to Sabrina. "Yes. It seems that he has come back from traveling only to be a pizza boy. The same pizza boy who showed up at our door last night. Isn't that right Sabrina." Sabrina could only nod. Her mouth was dry, she had nothing to say. She did the only thing that seemed right to do. She stood up from the table quietly put her bowl of spaghetti into the sink, walked into the living room and right out of the front door.