- Ventus X Reader - Gone with the Wind II

~ Your POV ~

Years have passed since the first Keyblade war, not much has changed. Me, Aqua, and Ventus make up the Wayfinder trio now, with Terra still nowhere to be found. Though I wasn't  the closest person to Terra, his absence still struck me with every passing day and affected me just as much as if Ven or Aqua had suddenly disappeared. Aqua claims to know where Terra is, but every time I ask she always gives me the same answer.

"he's having a hard time fighting the battle against the darkness"

I never understood this, since I thought the battle was over. We won the keyblade war, so why does it feel like we suffered a great loss?

Aqua remains the same motherly figure as she did before, except now she's more protective. I'm only allowed to go to certain worlds and even then I'm not allowed to go alone. I get constant letters from my friends Lea and Isa, but sadly they always get the same response from me. "Sorry, Aqua says I'm not allowed to leave". I'm not sure what's she's afraid of. It's been 5 Years.

As for Ventus? He's the one suffering the most. Terra was like a brother to him, and since his awakening, Terra's the only person he asks about. It seems like he doesn't care about Aqua and I anymore, considering we were the ones who woke him up from something that would have been a worse fate than Terra.

Speaking of Ventus, my thoughts were rudely interrupted by the door to my room being violently kicked open. "[Y/N]! I finally found it ! I know how to get Terra back !!" Ven screamed as Aqua was heard sighing from the other room. I slightly sat up and turned towards him, "Ven, you've been trying to find him for forever. Let him fight his fight, you can get hurt if you interfere. Besides , you've looked everywhere". Ven gave me a very unamused face and scoffed, "Do you even care? Every time I come to you two for Help all I get is 'give up Ven' or 'he's gone'. I'm tired of this !!". After hearing Ventus get so worked up, Aqua stepped into the doorway but remained quiet. "Ven. How about you think about things this way, we couldn't save both of you but we saved YOU because we knew Terra could handle himself on his own! We know he's alive, but he's long gone. You have potential! Stop wasting it trying to find someone who doesn't want to be found and think about the people who woke you up from an eternal slumber in the first place. We could have left you". A shocked look spread across Ven's face, Aqua still remained quiet but the only sound heard was the slight whisper of my name coming from both of them. After realizing what I had said, I sprung out of bed and quickly exited the remains of the castle where we call home. After exiting the castle, I ran down the large staircase leading to the front gates and made my way down the mountain path and straight to the summit.

As I approached my destination, I took a seat on the very edge of the rocky island summit. This used to be our usual spot, all four of us would look up in the sky and watch the distant meteor showers rain down. Sometimes, Ven and I would sneak down here in the middle of the night without the company Terra and Aqua. We would climb up the rocky walls and splash in the shallow pools of crystal clear water that snaked around the island surface. One time I stepped the wrong way and fell off of a steep cliff edge, though the expected rough fall never happened. Instead I was greeted by the feeling of Ven's arms around me and the image of his blue eyes looking down at me. "Do you really think I would have let you fall?". Thinking about those memories brought a smile to my face and quickly after that, a tear to my eye. Things are so.. different now. Happy times were nothing but a distant memory. He never joins Aqua and I for dinner anymore and half of the time he isn't even at the castle. God knows where he ends up every day. I had enough of the depressing thoughts, so I stood up and slowly walked back home.

As I approached the castle steps, I saw a figure in the distance. It was Ventus, standing against the door entry way and staring at the sky. He glanced over for a quick second, and with a sad sigh his shoulders slowly sank. "Hey.. [y/n], I'm really sorry. You're right. I need to focus on the family I have and trust that Terra will come home one day". I smiled as Ven sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. His face grew noticeably red. "U-Uhh.. no hard feelings then?", he spoke again while avoiding eye contact with me. I wrapped my arms around him and slowly rose to place a kiss on his cheek. "I'm glad you finally see things that way, no hard feelings". Ven smiled as our fingers intertwined, making our way back inside to regroup with Aqua.