ch:1.The Rebell

[Saera's Pov]

Assalamu alaikum ma, papa I greeted them as I was about to go sit on the dining table chair to have my breakfast dosa (south Asian food for breakfast). "saera!! Your irresponsible idiot how
Can you pull such a stunt at the family union??? You always embarrass me in front of my siblings." And that was a wayyyy good to start my day I thought sarcastically when I heard my ma scolding me for the scandal me and my cousin Aila created yesterday at my family union in my uncle's house.

I actually smiled a little bit to myself thinking about yesterday. Aila is my partner in crime although she is two years younger than me, she is the real matured one. I got as much as scolding from my ma for the fact that I was the eldest and they always say that I should be responsible and should set an example to the younger ones which irritates me a lot. Oh!!!(rolling my eyes) common guys it doesn't make any sense, I'm a girl in her twenties and I can also enjoy my life.

And my dad just sat there listening to my ma's rambling. And as soon as I finished my breakfast I went to put on my hijab to get ready for college with a grumpy mood. As you can see pretty much every morning my ma starts scolding me about something or the other and I'll go to college with a sour mood.

I said Salam to my mom as my sister has already gone to school as she's having her midterms to attend. Me and my father got into our polo as he is the one who every day drops me at my college on the way to his work place.

After reaching college before me leaving the car my dad as usual gave me a bunch of advice for which my ears are always blocked. At last he said his Salam and I got out of the car and slammed the door shut. Oopsy......... my bad, but that was intentional though, and I saw my father's angry face inside the car which made me giggling to myself.

As soon as I entered the premises I was greeted by barkat my best friend and my mood automatically got uplifted a little bit because me and friends have planned to go to a movie after college. Which I've kept it as a secret from my mom and also I've asked permission from my dad that I'm only going out with my friends after college gets over to a nearby mall.

Actually to think about it the movie plan was started because of my friend Hiral she is a non-muslim and my best friend. She persisted me for about a week, that at least this time I should to go to the movie with them. For all the other times I refused to go to a theatre and it's not halal (halal-not acceptable) for Muslims, but on the second thought I refused because of my parents as they are so strict which eventually resulted in me being mischievous and rebellious.

The only other person who knows about this is my sister who is four years younger than me. She is in her eleventh grade she usually starts earlier to school so I did not get to see her this morning. My sister is the closest one to me in my family and my best buddy, although I've to bribe her to maintain my plan as a secret from mom. And with this excitement in my mind me and barkat entered the first class for the day.

My Other friends Hiral, Isha and rufina they are also my best friends and my partners in my every mischievous acts. They all were talking animatedly about the movie plan when the bell goes indicating the start of my first class AJ (advanced java) and yes folks do not wonder I'm doing my degree in computer science.

Me and my friends sat at our regular place at the back in the last row when in the exact moment our professor entered the class muttering a good morning to the class. Aaaaand there she started "public static void main, static classes cannot be invoked...." I got bored halfway through and started to pass chits to my friends discussing about the plan when suddenly I heard the professor call me which got me panicked while my friends started laughing silently at my situation and I stood up glaring at my friends thinking why should I be the one to always get caught when she asked "saera what are public, private, and protected classes meant for??" I sighed a breath of relief as I already know the answer! my professor gave me a warning after I answered the question because she caught us passing chits and I mumbled a sorry to her and sat down at my desk still glaring at my friends.