The Capitol

-----

Jenna

The drive seemed to go on forever, but finally, Katie found a couple Disney movies, and we watched them while driving.

When watching Lilo and Stitch, my mind kept going back to the dream I had before Katie got to my house. I couldn't help but really wonder if the dream I had was from the book, and if it was then why would I know about it? How could that even work if I didn't even know? Looking at Katie, I can't help but want to ask her so many questions. Like one, who wins? This whole thing will have to end one day...and when it does, which team survives? Does it have to be Humans, because the end of Humanity wouldn't end like this, right?

Finally, I ask, "Katie, which team wins at the end of the books?" I ask.

From the angle, I can't see her face, but I can sense her hesitation. "Uh...do you really want to know?" She asks, making me feel uncomfortable. Why won't she just tell me? That's a bad sign.

"Yeah, I want to know...well maybe I don't. I honestly don't know, but please just tell me. I need to know."

"Why do you want to know? Do you really need to know that bad?" She asks, stalling.

"I want to know so I can understand everything that will be happening. Like, I want to know who the guy you fall in love with is, and why he betrayed us. I want to know so that when the time comes, we can avoid the problems."

"Wait, Katie, you're going to fall in love with someone?" Jessica asks, now very interested in the conversation.

"Too young." I hear Scott mumble.

Looking back at Katie, I can feel her get angry, and I don't know why. "I can handle everything. I will try and make everything work."

"You don't make any sense-"

"I just don't want to talk about it." She says, putting her face in her hands.

"Someone should have their own drama T.V. show," Abby says behind me.

Ignoring the comment, I look at Scott, seeing him give Abby an angry glance in the mirror, "How about you guys just watch the movie?" He suggests. "We're almost there. We have about two hours left." He says, looking at the time.

I shake my head. Scotts has been estimating the time left the whole ride, and by his first estimations, we'd be there already. "But that's what you said four hours ago!" Alli says, speaking for the first time since we've been driving.

"Trust me, before I didn't know where I was going, I know the path now."

"Again, that's what you said four hours ago." She says, frowning.

A second later, Scott replies, "Yeah, then why is the District right in front of us?" He asks. I look back at Alli and see her eyes light up, then Gabby's, and Abby's. Curious, I also look forward, and see it, Washington D.C.

Looking around, I see that it's changed a lot since the last time we've been here only a little over a year ago for a school trip.

Looking over, I see the Potomac River, and a large gate, one that was definitely not there before.

Scott slows the car, rolling down the window. A little office shows up, with a lady looking at us through a side window, reminding me of a drive through. The mad-looking lady opens her window.