Changed

-----

Katie

My eyes widen as I take in all the blood. Red has spread all over my hands, my shirt, and even pieces of my hair. I'm covered in it. And it's not mine.

I look down and already feel the pain increasing of the power given to me.

My mother's dead cold eyes stare back at me and I'm breaking internally. The cold air of the winter threatens to take me as I look back at the people I care about, who now stare back at me. And this time, I'm the one who has the knife to the heart.

In the center of the crowd coming towards me stands my sister, looking like she's ready to tear me to shreds. She holds a sword. A long sword that is thinner than a piece of paper.

And it's aimed at me.

"GO!" She screams.

And I'm thrown onto the snow.

The air leaves my lungs, and standing above me is my sister. "You betrayer!" She spits.

"I didn't mean to kill them!" I scream back, feeling my throat rip in half. Cold tears turn into ice on my cheeks.

She laughs, an empty sound that only sounds like a cat scratching a chalkboard. Her adorable freckles scrunching as she scrunches her nose. "You didn't kill anyone, Katie. That's not the point of all of this," She points over to my left, where I see three figures coming forward in the snow storm.

And there stands my family. They all look at me with such hatred it chills me even more, and I'm left unable to breathe. "You can't get rid of the enemy that quickly, creature." Mom hisses, touching the bleeding womb on her chest.

"What do you mean? I don't understand!" I stand up, making myself level with her, "I didn't want to kill you, mom." I say, taking her hand, "If there was another way I would have taken it but-"

"You monster! You didn't kill us! You just started a war against your own people. Open your eyes, Katie! You are not human! You're the Smurf!"

---

A Couple Days Before the Events from Raised:

"Wanna see something cool?" Kallan asks as he grins, his perfect teeth shining as his eye turns red with excitement.

I can't help but smile, "Yeah."

"Follow me." He takes my hand, leading me out his room and into his master bathroom. "Stand right in front of the mirror."

I nod my head, doing as he instructs. "Count to three and close your eyes." I do as he says, waiting patiently. "Then, when I say okay, open your eyes."

I nod my head excitedly, "Okay," I say.

I wait, and as I stand in front of the mirror, I feel his hands on my shoulders. "Okay." He whispers, taking a step back.

I open my eyes, not knowing what it could be. But what I see is something I truly wasn't expecting.

My skin isn't a natural human color. It's white. Like a piece of paper. I look like a piece of paper. It's not a faerie color either. I smile, and my eyes widen when I see my teeth. Most of them are normal if anything their more perfect than they usually are, but the teeth two down from my top front teeth are sharp. It makes me look like a vampire. My ears are pointed at the end, long just like Kallans. I take a step closer to the mirror, taking in the lighter blonde of my hair, noticing how it looks exactly like Kallans too. But what really shocks me is my eyes. The eye on the right is purple while my left is teal. I look like a faerie...but I also don't. "What did you do?" I ask him.