Aftermath

-----

Katie

"So you killed him?" He asks me, his voice monotone. 

I stand there, blushes coming to my cheeks every time I speak. "Yes," I answer as my fingers continue to fidget in front of me, my thumbs twirling around each other.

"What were your reasons for killing him? Was it self defense?" The man asks me. I try not to cringe as I stand there, everyone's eyes on me. Everyone taking in my body movements and my facial expressions. 

"I did it as self-defense," I answer him honestly. 

The man's eyes seem to be judging me, as though it was my fault. As though him attacking me was my fault. "From what? Your Highness, I'm sorry if I'm coming off rude, but we just want to know what happened that night." The man says in a more calming voice. I look at the man more remembering the first time I met him. From the first time he saw me, I could tell he didn't like me. Just like his son, Tony.

I take a deep breath, "I was sleeping and-"

"Why were you sleeping? It was your coronation!" His fist slams into the table, shaking every object on the platform. "Now folks I don't know much about coronations but I'm pretty sure the one being crowned doesn't go off to fall asleep without even saying goodbye to their guests."

"I was drugged!" I practically yell, making some people flinch. "And when I woke up he was there and he-he-" I take a deep breath, "He told me he was being told to..."

"To what!" The man yells at me, frustrated. 

I close my eyes, wanting so badly to not have to talk about what happened...what could have happened. Especially in front of all these people. "To kiss me! To touch me! To take advantage of me!" I yell back. I look down, "I want to go. I'm tired, and I don't want to be here."

"You can't run away from your problems, your Highness." The man mutters.

I glare at him, "Well this isn't really a problem, it's more so unnecessary. I did not kill him to just kill him, I killed him so he wouldn't hurt me. I killed him to protect myself as self-defense. Now I could stand here all day and prove to you that I'm not lying but I have a country to run." I turn to the left, ready to run out of this room. 

"Wait, there is one more thing I want to know." He asks.

I look up at him, "What?"

"Where did the dagger come from? The weapon you used to kill the victim?" My eyes widen and my mouth dries.

"I found the dagger in the capital," I say, lying. I try to hide my poker face.

His face shows that he doesn't believe me, "Where did you find it?" He asks again.

"I found it in-"

"Where did you find it!" He yells. I flinch, my hands gripping the pedestal as he stands from his chair.

"It's a dagger, why does it matter?"

"There is no way you could have found a dagger in the capitol. There are no weapons of that sort in the capitol. So, either you tell me where you found the weapon, or we'll have to arrest you." His voice rises for every word he says.