The Finale Chapter

-----

Katie

Home is over a 24-hour flight away. We all go onto my dad's special airplanes, using all 100,000 of them to fit everyone going back home. 

Each plane is specially timed. Five leave every 30 minutes, so we don't have to try and land every single one all at once. I don't know where he stores all of these or how he afforded them all, but everyone is decorated with gold and red velvet carpets. My friends and I all travel on more of a private jet, fewer seats, and even a room with a large bathroom.

The flight ahead of ours has some of the more important people, including the Princess of Spain and other leaders. When they board, I see Princess Isabel walk up the stairs, red dress bright even in the dark of the night. Her brown hair lays down her back, long and rich. Her eyes meet mine, and she waves to me kindly. I wave back, feeling sorry that I have not yet taken up to her offer, or talked to her much since. "My lady," A soft voice intrudes. I look down to see a very short man with wings stand next to me. He holds a notebook with red ink that bleeds through the pages. 

"Yes?" I say, tucking my hair behind my ear. 

"We have been given a message...from your mother and father. They had a conversation the other day, soon after you talked to her and made some plans. She is waiting for you back in the throne room along with his Highness."

I follow him, back into the one place I was hoping to never have to walk back into. Luckily, the throne room is one of the first and already I am graced by the presence of both of my biological parents. My mom looks at my father, and I can just tell she doesn't like having to look up at him as he sits comfortably on his throne while she just had come back from a long walk from the prison. 

"Katelan!" My mother exclaims. She raises her arms and makes her way towards me. Her long arms wrap around me, holding me close to her chest and I almost back away from shock. "Your father and I have good news. Since you and your...friends are leaving we have decided that one of us should come with you. Your father, obviously cannot because of his many responsibilities here, so I am coming with you back to your home."

All the hairs on my skin have either grown an inch or are all standing. "It's fine. I have help from others at home and I can perfectly handle everything-"

"Well...I would also like to spend more time with you," She urges, coming closer and touching my cheek. I look up into her eyes and see something else she is trying to tell me. I'm not the only reason she wants to leave. I look behind her to see my dad, blue eyes looking at my mom, as though she were an object. 

I nod my head, and look back to my mother, "Okay. You can come."

She smiles and rubs my shoulder. I can feel my body freeze up, confused. "Please," I say, getting away from her hands, "I just lost my real mom. I need time."

She looks down, letting her hands fall to her sides. "I understand, hun."

"Now hurry, we are leaving in ten minutes."

We walk together back to my friends who have already gotten onto the plane. I walk up to the stairs with my mother right behind me. I get in, making room for her when I see Alli, sitting on a chair with her knees up to her chest, looking patiently out the window. Shit. She doesn't know about everything.