The Coronation Pt. 2

-----

Katie

The color green, from what I was told stands for harmony, safety, and renewal. I didn't get to choose my dress color which really sucks. It's not that green looks bad on me if anything it goes well with my dirty blonde hair and pale skin. It just doesn't scream 'EMPRESS!' I look more like a princess than an empress.

The whole coronation was filled with me shaking others hands, introducing myself to many other royalties. All jealous that I got the high title.

"You bored too?" Someone asks behind me. Turning around, I'm surprised to see Jace standing there. I haven't talked to him in a while. He still has the same shy demeanor to him, already talking to me his cheeks begin to blush. It's adorable. 

I smile at him, "Yeah it's been a long day." I say, my mind going to the already light throbbing pain in my feet. 

"I'm sure." He pauses, "Congratulations by the way." He adds.

"Thanks." I watched him as his dark eyes seemed to take in my appearance. The appearance of something not real. "Talk to you later?" I suggest, knowing I have others I've yet to introduce myself to. 

His eyes widening he takes a step closer to me, his skin having a golden touch to it from the fairy lights hung around the walls. "Actually, I was wondering if you'd like to have a dance with me." He asks me. 

I look at him, a little startled. Not expecting him to ask me to dance with him. I wait a second before lightly nodding my head, and taking his hand. 

His skin is almost as soft as a baby. It was also warm and a little sweaty. I follow him to the dance floor where some other people have begun dancing together. Taking in the people around me more, I notice Jessica and Baden quietly dancing together. I notice them, close together quietly whispering to one another. 

A hand around my waist steels my attention and immediately I'm anxious. Not anxious of him exactly, but my many insecurities attack my mind like a swarm of bees. I have a wide waist and as he pulls me closer I want to walk away. Walk away so I won't be judged by him from my imperfect body. My to wide hips. The extra skin on my lower stomach. And, looking up at him I expect to see his face to be filled with disgust but when I look into his dark brown eyes, the only thing I see is adoration. 

Somehow, that's worse. I don't want to be adored by anyone, especially since there is no reason for it. No quality I possess that would make anyone feel like that towards me. I wish his eyes were clouded with judgment and not these awestruck filled orbs. 

I can feel the warmth of his hand through the thick cloth of my dress and I try not to lean into him, into his warm chest. His right-hand finds its way to my naked arm, lightly caressing it as he intertwined his fingers with mine. It takes a lot not to shudder and ignore the goosebumps forming on my pale arms. 

A new song begins to play, and with the first note of the piano breaks the silence. My statue form shaders and I'm dancing.

I've read books with many romantic interests in them, and they all started like this. The beautiful male wins the girl over by doing things like inviting her to dance, or playing with her hair. Touching her.

I feel stupid. I'm not supposed to fall for anyone, because if I fall for someone that will defeat the whole 'Avoid what the books say' deal I had with my friends. And not only that, but I'm scared to fall for someone. I can't trust anyone, except my friends, Scott, and Kallan. But anyone else I can't trust. Especially Jace.