Forgetting

-----

Somebody

You are a fool. An idiot. Stupid. Does not deserve the throne you've been given. You could have been great. But you ruined it by being the person you are.

I really do live in a bright place. A bright and amazing world separate from Humans. A truly magical world.

I love my family I really do, but the problem is that they don't share the same feelings towards me.

I am the eldest.

The next to the throne.

And I ruined it by, what my mother says is, 'Being to soft.'

I've never known what that means. Why can't a future king be able to show love? I've seen her show love towards my many little sisters. Seen her show love towards her friends. But never me. I'm an outcast.

Now, walking throughout the city, I can't help but want to run the rest the way to the club. After today, I'll be sent to Earth. My ancestors homeland, and begin preparing for war. I really don't know how to feel about it. Going to a different planet, something I've done millions of times, but the thought of going to a planet no one has gone to in centuries makes me nervous. After leaving Earth, us Smurfs decided that the planet wasn't truly that important. But now, our population growing we need more space to grow. And Earth would be perfect for that.

I want to run to the club, because my whole self is just filled with excitement, worry, not wanting this last moment with my friends to end. The one thing not controlled by my family.

That's when I see it. The familiar night club. A place I've been going to since I turned eighteen, almost exactly one hundreds years ago.

Being a Smurf, you age slowly. Very slowly. My mother has wrinkles, one's only started to show when my youngest sister was born. Her green eyes glowing against her beautiful blue lighted face. It is no unknown fact that she is the most beautiful Smurf ever lived. That is why my father married her. First look at her, and he knew that she was perfect. But not perfect in a way one might look at their true love. No, when he saw my mother he thought her perfect...a perfect prize to win to show off. It was also no secret that my parents couldn't stand each other. Sometimes, I wonder if my mother hates me not because I'm soft...but because I look like my father.

I take in the neon colors shinning cheerfully from the club. The sound of the music still audible outside.

There are no windows on the building. But large glowing stars that makes the building look like outer space. Smiling, I open the door, walking in.

The smell hits me first. A sweet smell like strawberries mixed with sweat.

I smile, already feeling happy. The thoughts and events from earlier today gone.

Hearing my name called, I turn around. "You're late." Effie says into my ear draping her arm around my shoulders, her breath smelling strongly of alcohol.

"Damn Eff." I mumble. She gives me a smile, brightening the room, her full lips filled with a neon blue, the paint chipping in places. When she looks at me, I can't help but stare. Her gold eyes have bright orange paint making her eyes look like two beautiful suns. Everywhere else, her skin is done with dots, making stars.

Her makeup is done like most here. The same neon paint that glows. Everyone except me wears the special makeup.

"What?" She asks.

"Nothing, where is Axton?" I ask.

Her grin widens, "Talking to a guy, again." Sighing, I feel her pull me to the dance floor. "Come, lets dance! This is your last day and I think we're both in need for a dance off, you know focus your mind on something important." Taking my hand, I let her drag me to the middle of the club, the heart of the party.

The music is the loudest here, an exciting song playing making my hips sway to the beat. The heat of other around me covers my chilled skin, a feeling I've felt many times, but only gets better everytime I come here.

But that isn't why I'm truly happy right now. Her hand squeezes mine, bringing me closer to her.

Smiling, I let her and let the song take me. Forgetting about today, I jump up and down with the crowd. Forgetting about tomorrow, I let the sweat drip down my face. Forgetting about everything, I take my first drink of the night.