Home

-----

Katie

Father is placed in his usual spot, as though he were like his flowers, plotted in one spot for all their lives with only his mind-controlling their actions. This meeting, I am by myself. My brother and my friends were ordered out and back to their rooms, hidden away just like how he likes us. 

Father stares at me now, his eyes taking me in for the first time since I've met him. "You look much like your mother. Though, I don't see why she left that ugly human glamour on you." His eyes look at me closely, "And I'm sorry for what I did to your mother. I loved her, a lot. So much, that when she threatened to leave me, I imprisoned her."

I feel my eyebrows rise up, "You imprisoned her? My mother? How...how did she escape?"

Confusion glazes over his eyes, "Escape? Darling girl, there is no escaping my cells."

"But my mom...she did escape. Otherwise, how did she meet my dad and my siblings-"

"You think those mortals are your parents?" He spits out in laughter. "Darling girl, I thought you knew."

"Wait...those people are not my parents? Kerri Maxwell is not my mom?"

"No, your mother is not a human. She is still alive too, trapped in my cells."

I'm shaking. My fingers spasm at my sides as cold tears threaten to fall down my cheeks. My mom...I'm not human...that woman that raised me isn't my mother, and my siblings aren't my siblings. 

"What...were you wanting to talk about in this meeting? Cause this morning, you were furious with me, angry that I killed your son, but now you..." My voice cracks and I realize I can barely stand.

"Do you want to meet your mother?" He asks slowly as if he was asking a small child what they wanted for Christmas. 

I shake my head, up and down, then side to side. "I just need time to think," I say, looking up at him. "May I be dismissed?"

He smiles a little, "Yes."

I nod my head and try my best to walk out of the room calm and collected. When I hear the door closed behind me feels like a string being cut loose. The tears spill down my cheeks as I stumble my way upstairs. "Katie?" A voice says in worry.

I shake my head, 'shit. shit. shit. shit,' "I'm fine, I'm fine." I mumble.

"You're not fucking fine," He says as he puts his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't need you to always be there, Tony!" I yell, looking at his blue eyes. "I'm fine on my own. I've become an Empress on my own, so I can deal with my damn feelings on my own too."

"You don't have to be like this, Katie. You don't have to try and look strong in front of me, because I already know how strong you are." 

"You know nothing about me. You don't know anything about me-"

"Just let me comfort you," He begs, "Please," He comes closer to me, his warm hands touching my chilled arms relaxes me a little and I let out a sigh. His body comes closer to mine till we're touching. I take in a deep breath, till my senses are filled with his smell. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asks softly. I shake my head lazily and stuff my face into his shoulder, wetting his shirt.