Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Title: Half Mine

Language: English

Rating: T, may be changed to M if requested later on.

Summary: Team Flash makes a startling discovery when confronting Caitlin about her decision to leave the city. Takes place at the beginning of season 4, during the episode 'Girls Night Out' but does not follow the Flash plot from that episode. They are determined to make her stay. Barry and Caitlin grow close as a result of the discovery making Barry doubt his feelings for Iris.

Warnings: Not for fans of WestAllen or Iris. May or may not be bashing.

Disclaimer: I do not own the Flash or any TV Series or characters.

Things you need to know before reading: Savifrost were intimate, but nobody on Team Flash knows. Barry did go into the speed force and Iris is still mad at him for it but it was not for 6 months, it was a much shorter time.

Urgent Author's Note: Honestly the time skip kinda makes no sense. Let's just say Barry was not in the speedforce for that long and Caitlin is showing signs but she's taken to wearing looser clothes so no one has noticed.

CHAPTER 1: REVELATIONS

3rd Person POV

"We'll meet you downstairs." Felicity and Iris leave to grab Iris' handbag and Caitlin sets the airplane ticket to print. Barry enters the room and startles Caitlin so she actually sets it to print two copies and she doesn't realize. "Barry! You scared me," Caitlin says letting out a breath and thanking god that she closed the window. She grabs the paper and shoves it in her bag. He looks at her curiously, "You okay Cait? Aren't you supposed to be leaving with Felicity and Iris for the bachelorette party?"

"Yeah I'm fine," She replies with a tight smile, pressing her lips together, "And I am so I better go." He isn't convinced but she quickly slips past him and heads out to the car.

The machine beeps and Barry flashes over to it. The words, 'LOAD PAPER', flash across the tiny screen of the printer. "That's weird," Barry furrows his eyebrows and grabs some paper and loads it into the feeder. The machine begins whirring and a few seconds later (although it seemed like forever to Barry) a piece of paper is out. Barry picks it up swiftly and reads through it. He realises it's a plane ticket and his heart sinks.

Caitlin was leaving. His mind begins to race wondering why she's leaving and how he can stop her. He wonders if Cisco or Harry or Iris or anyone knows. Surely they would have told him if they did. He sinks onto the chair and stares blankly at the wall. Almost five minutes later that's where Cisco finds him. "Barry, dude, there you are. You just disappeared. Are you ready to partyyyy?" Cisco says joyously. He notices Barry's gloomy expression. Barry doesn't reply, he hands Cisco the plane ticket. "Are you taking a vacation or something?" Cisco asks confused. "It's Caitlin's. She's leaving," Barry says, his voice cracking at the end, "Tomorrow." "What are you talking about? Caitlin's not leaving. And if she was going to go somewhere she would have told us! Are you sure it's hers?"

"Positive," Barry nods and runs his hand through his hair. "Well then let's go get some answers," Cisco says determinedly. "Well who's ready to parrrtaaayyyy?" Ralph says as he, Joe and Harry enter the room. "Party's off boys," Cisco says, "There's something going on with Caitlin and we need to find out what."

"I'll call Cecile and get them to come back here," Joe says. "Great," Cisco says before adding, "But don't tell them what it's about."

Around 10 minutes later the ladies enter the room. Iris fixes them with a stern look. "You guys better have a freaking incredible reason for interrupting MY bachelorette party!" She screams looking incredibly annoyed and showing visible signs of mild anger.

"Actually it's about Caitlin," Cisco says. "What? Could this not have waited until tomorrow?" Iris rolls her eyes. "Me?" Caitlin asks with a surprised look on her face. "I found something. I don't know why you're hiding it but we want answers," Barry says firmly.

Caitlin's eyes widen in realisation. She isn't sure how he knows or how he has found out but he has and now she cannot avoid it. "Look Barry I can explain. I mean you're getting married and I didn't want to be a burden and he isn't even really yours so I didn't want you to feel responsible. I figured I could just leave and then everyone could move on with their lives," Caitlin says beginning to ramble but luckily Barry's speed lets him catch and linger on every word but some words stand out more than others. The word 'he' runs over and over in Barry's mind and he feels paralysed.

They all look at her shocked. "What?" Iris blurts out. "Look I know the easiest solution that most people would go for is to get rid of him but I can't do it. I can't even think about doing it. I'm sorry," Caitlin says. "You're p-p-pregnant?" Barry says recovering from his shock, "And it's mine?"

Caitlin looks confused. "I thought you knew. You said you found out what I've been hiding. Besides he's not really yours, I mean he has your DNA, but you don't need to feel responsible for him, you didn't make him." "I was talking about this," Barry says holding up the plane ticket. "Oh," Caitlin gulps, "Well now you know everything and you know why I have to leave." "Oh my god," Cisco says his eyes widening in realisation, "This makes so much sense. That's why you were so distant and why you've been avoiding Barry all the time." "I just thought it was the denial of whatever weird feelings they have for each other," Ralph shrugs. Iris elbows him hard. "Ow," He says glaring at her.

"You can't leave," Barry says taking charge. "What?" Caitlin asks shocked. "That baby is half mine. Another version of me may have helped create it but he was still me. I'm not going to lose my child." "Barry, are you sure about this?" Caitlin asks him in an unsure tone, giving him the option to back out. He grasps her hand tightly in comfort and looks into her eyes, "Yes I am."

"Ow!" Caitlin says, a look of pain flashing across her face. "Sorry was I holding on too tight," Barry says, loosening his grip on her hand. "No," Caitlin replies with a look of longing on her face, "My baby just kicked." Barry places a hand over her tummy and feels the baby kick. "Our baby just kicked," Barry replies, emphasising the word 'our'. They both share a look and a smile. Everyone admires the scene before them, the pure happiness. Except for one very disgruntled and annoyed fiancée. Iris stomps out of the lab and Joe goes to comfort his daughter. Barry doesn't notice as he is too wrapped up in the excitement of his new baby, as is everyone else in the room.

Author's Note: Thanks for reading! Drop a review to tell me what you think and whether or not I should continue.

Lots of Love

ScottSalvatore23