The Moment I Knew I F*d up

"YOU'RE INSANE!" V yells next to me, putting his hand to his mouth.

I cover my ears, hoping they're not bleeding.

"YOU LAID ON THE FLOOR!?" he looks at me wide-eyed "and GIGGLED?! what are we TWELVE?"

I crumble in my seat, my embarrassment making me want to end it all now

Why did I tell him?

"I know, I know." I move my hands to cover my eyes.

"What has happened to you? This is not the Momo I know and love!" V fake cries, slamming his hand down on the cafeteria table.

"AHHHH!!! I don't knooow...." I whine, sitting back up, slumping my head into my hand

"He's just so nice, and sweet, and funny, and I'm so comfortable around him, and when he laughs-"

V puts a hand in front of my mouth, his expression pained.

"Shhhh," He looks at me with slight disgust. "You don't even know the man."

I shoot up to protest.

I kinda know him right?

I furrow my eyebrows, frustrated.

"oh, whatever! I don't need to know him to like him! I just do!" I look at the floor, pouting.

"Oh my God. You really have been replaced with a twelve year old" V lets out a sigh and his tone gets quieter, more serious. "Listen Noona," He puts a hand on my back "I know he seems really sweet and caring, which I don't doubt that he is, but don't get your hopes up too much. I don't want you to get sad if things don't work out okay?"

I nod, knowing he's right. I was acting really out of character. I just get excited when someone likes me, my mind wants it to instantly be love. I need to slow down, get to know him better before I go gushing over everything he does.

"Now, lets go spend the rest of our break outside!" V's attitude changes completely. His face lighting up with a huge, boxy grin. He pulls his shoulders in close, shaking them like an excited little kid.

I can't help but to smile back, it's contagious.

***

I forgot, I COMPLETELY FORGOT!

I roll my eyes at myself.

This is why I need to stop freaking out about Jin! I completely forgot about Kooki's test!

"Hello, did you find everything okay?" I greet the customer as she puts her things on the counter. I force a smile as she replies pleasantly.

Jungkook comes in, and doesn't look at me. Quietly he goes to his spot.

I glance at him, feeling awful about what I did.

He worked so hard and I didn't even care. No wonder he was so mad at me!

"Thank you mam, have a nice day." I hand her the bags, giving one last smile as she exits the store.

Silence.

The ticking of the clock becomes painfully loud.

I have to say it

"Hey, Kooki....." I say hesitently.

He glances in my direction, pressing his tongue against his cheek.

"I'm sorry.."

He takes a deep breath in. "...about what?" He asks, breathing out his words

I bite my lip, nervously. "About being soggy old dorito and ignoring you to eat with Jin" I mutter.